bad injector

kendon

:
06 speed 6
yep. bad injector. misfire in cylinder #3. loss of power. trouble starting. running like complete ass. short incomplete sentences.

short story long...... I broke my foot a while back acting like an assclown on a go-cart. this incident has made it difficult for me to drive the speed and so I've allowed my wife to enjoy it while i drive her pacifica. A few days ago the family piles in the speed to go look at some homes since we are trying to purchase a new home before the November 30th deadline. We get in and I see that my check engine light is on and i colorfully asked my wife wtf. The car seems fine and we continue on to view homes. After the second stop the car struggles to start and does so every time she tries to start it. So we just leave the car running to view the last couple of homes in the fear it will not crank the next time we try. The next day I placed a call to the mazda dealership and took the car in later on that afternoon. I completely forgot to put the stock parts back on before taking it. I drop the car off and the service manager seems pretty cool and down to earth. He's telling where to go to get my hands on some shifter-carts and do some serious go-cart racing. basically, just shooting the s***.

I get a call this morning w/ the bad news and he laughed when i asked if i needed to put the stock parts back on the car! he told me not to worry about that sort of service department b.s. w/ them. if something fails due to an aftermarket part then sure it would not be covered under warrant, otherwise no. it's simple logic that seems to be a miss at most dealerships.

so... long story short..... Eldorado Mazda in McKinney is awesome. I am getting on a dnr list (does not run?) to expedite the part. injector for the 2.3mzr turbo is not being released nationally till the 23rd? may sell the GHL exhaust for money to buy shiz for the house. (blah)(blah)(blah)

Glad you had it taken care of. You only have a catback exhaust / intake so I would hope dealers wouldn't give you TOOOO much trouble.

yea, one would think the dealer wouldn't give you any attitude w/ just the mods i have, but it sadly is not the case. ford would give me trouble over any little problem. for instance, my reverse lights went out due to the connection getting damaged when my clutch went to crap and they tried to put the blame on the aftermarket bulbs. it's that kind of b.s. that scares me.

cylinder #3 is dead even w/ a new injector. now, the dealer suspects a burnt' valve.
(squinty)

i will know more tomorrow after they have torn it down.

cylinder #3 is dead even w/ a new injector. now, the dealer suspects a burnt' valve.
(squinty)

i will know more tomorrow after they have torn it down.

You need a new dealer. Why would they "tear it down" before inspecting with a borescope and certainly a compression test before throwing parts at it. Typical stealership dipsticks....

Back