Back in time, Would your buy your MSP again?

I don't understand why they won't put a decent tune on them, unless they're trying to tune it so conservatively so that people won't blow them up

I don't understand why they won't put a decent tune on them, unless they're trying to tune it so conservatively so that people won't blow them up

thats exactly why they don't put a decent tune on they don't want people blowing up. Its the reason my ms3 starts to close the throttle plate after 5500rpm. photo of a generic bad stock ms3 dyno below. also note where the afr's are....msp status.

2w4fygw.gif

Last edited:
I bought my car back in 2011 with 109,000 miles on it, so I'm not a "MSP Veteran" like a lot of you, but what I can say is that everyday I get in my car I fall in love again because it is simply a blast to drive. Are there faster cars? Yes. Are there cars I wanted, but couldn't afford? Yes. The MSP is truly a great FWD car, and if I can afford to keep it for a long time, I will because it's so much fun to drive. Like Jeremy Clarkson says about a lot of cars on Top Gear, a lot of cars are fast but if it doesn't make you want to get in it and drive and enjoy your time driving, it's not a great car. The MSP is a great car.

It's hard to asnwer since I didn't have the money to spend on something more exotic at the time. Yes, I would purchase the MSP again without a doubt. Car is a blast to drive! (With a good tune). I didn't buy the car new, so it does have some issues, but looking past all that I still get excited like a little school girl when new parts come in.

Just the rarity of the car is something special to me and is the mean driving force behind my obsession to improve the car in every fashion.

See, I guess I did have the money. I had 17k to spend on a car, but I found a MSP for a fair price and bought it. Unfortunately, the fair price was for a car that was treated very poorly by its previous owner.

Back