B&M short throw installed

mp3boy1984

low rid'n member
I love my b&m short throw. It has a real snappy feeling to it. I love it. Install took a little bit longer than normal, just because it wasn't cooperating with me when i was trying to put the shift into the housing. But the retaining ring really didn't give me any trouple because i had retaining ring pliers. However though i put a dent in like the top thread of the shifter and it won't allow my shift knob to go on. Is there anyway of fixing this without buying a new one???:confused:

you can get a small file and try to file the thread to something that will let you screw the nob on.

Also, if you are using it, your stock mp3 shift nob wont fit regardless, because they are threded differently than the bm, kb, and stock protege shifters. but you probably knew that... right? :p

Yea i knew that, i have a greddy shift knob. At the time of buying it i had no clue that the MP3's had different threads. So i decided to just get a short throw so that i could utilize the knob.

The stock shifter won't fit on the Kartboy SS? I plan on getting it and I was looking into a new shift knob. Any suggestions on where I can get a cool knob? I have a blue MP3.

JT

Spoolin's website has the same Sparco shiftknob that the MSP's have. I plan on getting that knob along w/ my short shifter.

i like my fake carbon fiber pilot motorsports knob from autozone just fine, i have the TWM short shifter.

well I had a integra Type R shift knob to put on my B&M. And as you can imagine it didnt fit, so i just forced it on but twisted one to many times and it broke off right about the bottom thread. I now have a three screw cheap apc shift knob on. The shifter is reallllly short now people are like man thats a tiny shifter and it's short throw.

Back