Autometer Water Temp Gauge Reading

Hey guys...i recently installed a water temp gauge (autometer) and everything is up and running however the gauge does not seem to pass 150 degrees. The gauge has been installed for almost a week and a half and was curious if this is normal. Before I installed the sender I did a coolant flush and changed my thermostat and added new fluid. Everything has been running fine without and issues.

I am just curious in finding out if the gauge reading 150 degree once it completely warms up is ok and normal? thanks!

Normal operating temp should be around 180-210*F at the engine.

I would ensure that your sensor is all the way into the coolant stream, and mounting it in a coolant passage in the engine block would be ideal.

Normal operating temp should be around 180-210*F at the engine.

I would ensure that your sensor is all the way into the coolant stream, and mounting it in a coolant passage in the engine block would be ideal.

My sender is hooked up at the hose that attaches the the water neck where our oem stock sensor is located. so are you saying that my sender might not be getting a full reading?

From what I have read the gauges on the how to that these gauges don't pass 150 degrees. Do you personally have one of these gauges installed?

My sender is hooked up at the hose that attaches the the water neck where our oem stock sensor is located. so are you saying that my sender might not be getting a full reading?

From what I have read the gauges on the how to that these gauges don't pass 150 degrees. Do you personally have one of these gauges installed?

Those numbers are taken from my scan tool. The stock thermostat rating is 180*, the coolant should be at least that hot, in the engine anyway. The coolant in the radiator and lower hose will be considerably cooler.

Your thermostat could be stuck open, or your gauge may be inaccurate. I'd shoot the area near your sender with an IR temp gun and see what it reads, or check with a scan tool.

Those numbers are taken from my scan tool. The stock thermostat rating is 180*, the coolant should be at least that hot, in the engine anyway. The coolant in the radiator and lower hose will be considerably cooler.

Your thermostat could be stuck open, or your gauge may be inaccurate. I'd shoot the area near your sender with an IR temp gun and see what it reads, or check with a scan tool.

i recently changed the thermostat and have heard the fans kick in so i know the thermostat is in proper working order. I dont have a ir gun but will try with my scan tool to see if I can find out anything further!

Good try this.....take a wire and now ground the base of the sensor where is the thread and go to engine or body. Your sensor in isolated by t adapter, hose and didn't get proper ground . Sorry for my english.

Good try this.....take a wire and now ground the base of the sensor where is the thread and go to engine or body. Your sensor in isolated by t adapter, hose and didn't get proper ground . Sorry for my english.

called autometer today and they said to do that as well.. so lets see!

Back