audio

davemps

:
mazda3 mps 56 plate
hi everyone I own a mazda mps 56 plate have tried all weekend to fit a sub and amp but can't get it to sound right any ideas on speaker wire colour code , have looked on youtube some say I need a high level to low level convertor can anyone help cheers dave.

if its a mps it should have the kenwood headunit in it or has it been traded for something else?

mps are also already wired for the kenwood enclosure and amprack. is that still in place or is it gone?

thanks for the reply mate my mps has a bose factory fitted 6 disc multi changer .

oh....thats a bit harder. (for some reason i read your post as msp {speed protege})

the good news is the bose head unit has 2v low level outs already, so you dont *need* a high low converter. the bad news is its a bit harder. you would use a twisted pair type rca. cut off one end, and tap into the signal wires before the bose amp.

another option is the high low converter and get the signal from the factory subwoofer's speaker wire. make sure it has a pretty high power rating as the subwoofer speaker wire is higher then the really cheap hi/lows were designed for.

hi mate thanks for getting back to me i will buy the converter,do you know what colour wires i use coming from the head unit or how i can find out thanks again dave.

i'm not sure what color they are. but the easiest way to do it is to access the wire near where they connect to the subwoofer. if i remember correctly the bose sub in the mps's is a dual voice coil. so you could use 1 set of wires for each channel of the LOC. then you would have a very short rca run to your aftermarket amp.

if you snap some photo's of the sub and nearby wires, i could walk you through it

Back