Atlanta Motorsports Park in Dawsonville Approved!

:
2008 Mazda MX-5 5MT PRHT
This e-mail was sent to me by a co-worker who was contracted to help build this collossus. Yay for N. GA!!! (cabpatch)​

DAWSONVILLE COUNCIL APPROVES <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place u1:st="on"><st1:placeName u1:st="on">FULL</st1:placeName><st1:placeName u1:st="on">ZONING</st1:placeName><st1:placeName u1:st="on">ATLANTA</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName u1:st="on">MOTORSPORTS</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType u1:st="on">PARK</st1:placeType></st1:place>​
<st1:place u1:st="on"><st1:placeName u1:st="on"></st1:placeName></st1:place>​
<st1:place u1:st="on"><st1:placeName u1:st="on">Atlanta</st1:placeName><st1:placeName u1:st="on">Motorsports</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType u1:st="on">Park</st1:placeType></st1:place> is a Country Club for fast/exotic cars, bikes and karts

We are pleased to announce zoning for <st1:place u1:st="on"><st1:placeName u1:st="on">Atlanta</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName u1:st="on">Motorsports</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType u1:st="on">Park</st1:placeType></st1:place> has been fully approved and the construction phase of the facility is about to begin. We are thankful to the city, county and citizens of Dawsonville for welcoming us.

Memberships have continued to sell at a brisk pace which has been very satisfying given the tough economic conditions.

Starting on April 24<SUP>th</SUP> the preconstruction pricing levels will no longer be available and some of the extra amenities/options that come with the packages currently will also no longer be included in the packages (e.g. Karting memberships will be sold separate).

There were only 25 memberships at each of the three levels (Diamond, Platinum, Tungsten) initially offered as Founding Memberships and the few remaining will sell out quickly. (We sold nearly $300,000 in memberships in a little over 30 days.)

This week is your last chance to become one of the charter Founding Members of an elite club unlike any other. Founding members will have input in the design phase of AMP and receive recognition on the walls of the member club house and a plaque to bring home.

Course Highlights

The Dawsonville property will be developed into a Green or Sustainable (The only sustainable motorsports park in the world) private motorsports country club where members can drive their high-performance automobiles, racecars, motorcycles and karts on specially designed driving courses. The current site plan also calls for a members-only lounge, a 10,000-square-foot clubhouse with lockers and shower facilities, workout facility, a pool and hiking trails.

Highlights of the facility will include:
Nearly three miles of high-performance road course
Two straight-aways nearly 2,000 feet each
More than 120 feet of elevation change
15 possible road course configurations
Flexibility to operate three separate driving courses simultaneously
Members will be able to participate in performance driving their cars or superbikes, supercar rentals, safe driver education programs and karting

Celebrity Founding Members Already on Board; Members Sales Gear Up

Several high-profile celebrities became founding members, even before the plans were approved, including actor Patrick Dempsey, Atlanta Braves Chipper Jones, Atlanta Falcons Michael Jenkins, road racing champions Jack Baldwin and David Murry, plus the SPEED Channels Bob Varsha. Mr. Varsha will also serve as the voice of AMP as well as AMP spokesperson.

These and our other founding members have had faith in the team and business from the beginning, Porter said.

Sponsors, Vendors Selected

Contractors and strategic partners have already been selected in anticipation of the approval. They include the famed Tilke Architects Formula 1 track designers for the architecture and driving course design; RK Redding Construction for build-out; CW Matthews for the track paving; TS Racing as the karting retail sales; Global Marketing Giants Ignition Inc. & i3 Worldwide LLC as the sales and marketing team;Driving Impressions will be AMPs sole racing apparel retailer; and SunTrust Bank as the official banking partner.

For more information, visit www.AtlantaMotorsportsPark.com or call 678-513-FAST (3278).

good lawd! sounds nice. cmon man, we know you got money...or wait...the wife has the money...how does that work again? just say its to help...poor little children that never had anything when they were...growing...up....? lol.

Cop in Georgia=better pay? No offense but isn't that kind of like an oxy moron? At least from what I've heard.

I heard about this as well recently from my friend's wife who works for the developing company.

I am just not sure about what the cost is going to be to run, how busy it's gonna be, and whether or not they are gonna keep it solely for personal use or are they going to host actual races there?

I overheard something about some dudes buying an old dirt track north of me to build a purpose built course similar to this one. Is Georgia going to soon be a race track mecca?

not even close. these are all small scale stuff, still much anticipated though.

I wish I had tons of money (cause who doesn't). The old Sam's Club building in Oakwood has the best setup for a startup AutoX event. Like make it a parts/autoX "store." It'd be costly but not only is the location perfect, it's right in the heart of everything up here.

I am just not sure about what the cost is going to be to run, how busy it's gonna be, and whether or not they are gonna keep it solely for personal use or are they going to host actual races there?

I overheard something about some dudes buying an old dirt track north of me to build a purpose built course similar to this one. Is Georgia going to soon be a race track mecca?

The charter of AMP and one of the restrictions placed on them by the zoning committee is no spectator races.

Back