Arg, cd player wont come out

A louie

I have tried 2 different ways to get the cd player out but its not working. I can get 3 of the corners out but the Bottom left will NOT come out.

I have tried using keys, and then i have tried the other way by pulling the whole console out, and each time the bottom left will not come out.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! Whats another way? Or what am I doing wrong?

If you don't have a cassette player of M/D player take the little black cover in the bottom centre off and grab from there when pulling out. this way you'll be able to pull up, push down, left/right what have ya...

*this might help assuming you're speaking of the oem unit.*

Alright, thank. I will try that.

I need to pull it off because I might be buying a sub and amp, but I want to make sure theres a sub output thing for it first.

you shouldnt have to use keys to pull the stock HU IIRC. i think its just 4 screws that hold it in. i know mine came out really easy without any keys needed. did you pull the CF surround off?

No, how would I go about pulling the "CF" stuff off?

you need something like an xacto knife (but stronger) to pry up the cf surround. personally id start with either the bottom left or upper right corners (for some reason they pop out easier) you could use your average flip knife but be careful with it.
but just wedge your prying tool under the CF and pop it out BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU DO THIS! THE EMERGENCY FLASHER BUTTON WIRE HAS TO BE DISCONNECTED BEFORE YOU CAN PULL THE SURROUND ALL THE WAY OFF!
pop that off, disconnect the flashers, and you should see the screws that you need to remove to pull the HU out. if you have any more questions just PM me and i can take some pictures for you to show you how to do it.

Back