Approximate oil level? 2019 CX-5

Changed oil/filter on 2019 cx5.
5.5 qts to bring level half way up the dipstick? Used MicroGard MSL57002 oil filter. Hesitating to add more to top it off.
Should I?

I used 5.2 quarts on my 19 touring and I was almost to top of dipstick.

at 5.5 you’ve got plenty in there, a quart over what’s recommended In the manual, which we all know is too low.

5.5 qts to bring level half way up the dipstick? Used MicroGard MSL57002 oil filter. Hesitating to add more to top it off.
Should I?

Why did you decide to use that filter?

so long as it is somewhere between the dipstick, don't worry about it. monitor to make sure your car doesn't consume any.

can you top up without any issues? yes. do you have to? no.

Should I?
Do you have a 2.5L NA with CD, or a 2.5T?

With OEM oil filter, 5.2 quarts get to the Max mark on the 2.5L NA; 5.5 quarts get to the Max mark on the 2.5T.

Mobile 1 108a (I think) would be my choice after the Thai oem denso filter if your looking for a alternate. Those micro guards are kind of scary. I would spin that puppy off and put a better one on there. You can do that without pulling the plug. Might have to add six or eight ounces though

Back