Anyone did MSP engine swap on P5?

There are many people that have put a MSP turbo setup on, but no need really to swap motors since they are the exact same...

I did it over 2 yrs ago. Direct fit only need the following
1) new clutch
2) MSP ecu
3) Custom FMIC or buy form a forum member or vendor
4) If VTA need blow off valve and put MAF on cold side
5) Gauges ie wide band.oil pressure and boost

And final point, get someone that can do a good install.

Wow angry much.

To me it would be easier to just buy the turbo parts used instead of going that route. I think i paid about 1600 for parts and labor.

True. But he did not say if he lost his original engine or want to buy the parts.

I did it over 2 yrs ago. Direct fit only need the following
1) new clutch
2) MSP ecu
3) Custom FMIC or buy form a forum member or vendor
4) If VTA need blow off valve and put MAF on cold side
5) Gauges ie wide band.oil pressure and boost

And final point, get someone that can do a good install.

don't forget the main bearing support plate (or tap the stocker yourself)

Is it worth it?

My original (as far as I know) 227,000 mile engine is about dead, no luck finding a MSP engine, yet, but if I go ahead and purchase a non-MSP engine, is it worth going ahead and making a MSP? Only 40 extra HP, right? 170 vs 130?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like my kind of budget, this is just my beater car...

I was just curious if seeking out and going through the trouble of finding a MSP or creating one is worth the 40hp. And again, that question taking into consideration that this is by no means any type of "project" car, just a to work/school, from work/school car.

if its not a project car i would say no, just leave it how you have it, it takes alot of work and money to make it decent powered and safe at 10psi haha

no prob, dont get me wrong i love the msp its just alot of work to make any power haha and if its not your project or your not going to forge it why bother with the hassel of turboing it then have that to worry about haha i blew mine at stock boost so its kinda sketchy

im from australia.

i just fitted a full turbo kit from a MSP from philly that i got shipped over onto my non turbo P5.

i got 74kW atw NON TURBO with 18 Inch Wheels

after upgrade

i got 114.3kW atw TURBO with 18 Inch Wheels.

Engine not opened and untouched with 205,000kms

Back