Anybody had any issues with fitting rx8 wheels?

am4nf

:
mazda5 furano
I've got a really loud rotational noise from the front left wheel after fitting them today, no tyre or wheel contact and about 3/4 inch gap from strut

None whatsoever. I would check the backing plate and ensure its not bent. I've put a little over 5,632km in the few months that I ran my wheels with 225/40s and no problems. The second thing I do is take them to a tire shop and check that the rim is true. I didn't know until after I was on my way home from the tire shop that one wheel was bent at the axis, so it looked and rode like I only had one lug in.

It's a strange one, wheel was balanced when tyre was fitted.... Just had the car checked over, no play etc

Back plate. Thin piece of metal that stops dirt getting into the brake disc and caliper from the inside. Stick your head under the the car and look if there touching the inside if your discs.

See pic below of backing plate...it's the black metal plate on the inside that's larger in circumference than the rotor.

Mazda-Proteg5-Rubberized-Asphalt-Undercoating-by-Intiaz-Rahim.jpg

No probs. I gave mine a pull by hand away from the discs and problem solved. Dont know how it happened though

Back