Any performance mods?

kjesse198

Hello, just bought a 2015 CX-5 touring 2.5l about a month ago. I was wondering if there are any performance mods.

possibly a turbo kit or something. Right now i think it makes 185 hp is what it says online, just looking to see if there are any mods for it.

From my research it seems like there are only bolt on CAI, and Exhaust kits, that wouldn't add much power. I know mazda did a lot to it from the factory, it seems like there aren't many performance mods for it.

These cars are not WRX, or STIs.
There are some tunes as well. Lowering springs, coilovers, swaybars.

These cars are not WRX, or STIs.

Agreed.

That said there are tunes available, intakes, you could lower, etc. Everything tibimakai just stated. Our mod, Chris_Top_Her has probably done the most performance modding/tuning of anyone on this forum when it comes to the CX-5.

There's a company (probably more than one) that does Mazda ECU tunes. Folks have discussed them here, but for the life of me I cannot find the link to their website...I thought for sure I had saved it

DrTuned for ecu tunes as OVTune seems to be focusing on Toyota now

Dynotronics Tuning is working on CARB cert for a rear mount turbo for the NC Miata. Skyactive ND is next and then CX-5s. Expect 7 to 8 psi and ~50% more power. Assuming the guy doesn't go broke getting the NC certs.

Several others, like Racing Beat have louder mufflers available, +3 HP for $600.

My sig has some notable vendors for cx5.. depends on what you want really

DrTuned for ecu tunes as OVTune seems to be focusing on Toyota now

For what it's worth I email DRTuned inquiring about a 2.5T tune and they replied, "Development for the 2.5T is currently ongoing."

Right now I'm leaning towards a RAV4 Prime when they come out, or I might sway back to the CX-5 Sig if there's a decent tune available next summer.

For what it's worth I email DRTuned inquiring about a 2.5T tune and they replied, "Development for the 2.5T is currently ongoing."

Right now I'm leaning towards a RAV4 Prime when they come out, or I might sway back to the CX-5 Sig if there's a decent tune available next summer.

I wonder if Mazda is slow in handing out the specs on the turbo CX-5. I've been waiting for Torque Pro to release their collection of PIDs specific to the 2019 CX-5 ($9.99 for each vehicle-specific set), and their perpetual status is "Awaiting technical information from Mazda."

I wonder if Mazda is slow in handing out the specs on the turbo CX-5. I've been waiting for Torque Pro to release their collection of PIDs specific to the 2019 CX-5 ($9.99 for each vehicle-specific set), and their perpetual status is "Awaiting technical information from Mazda."

Creating base maps for these ecus takes hours and hours of reverse engineering hex values. It took a long time to even get viable tuning for the 2.0 and 2.5 ecu (I was the first to dump a 2.5 ecu for tuning). If someone sees $$$ it'll happen.

Creating base maps for these ecus takes hours and hours of reverse engineering hex values. It took a long time to even get viable tuning for the 2.0 and 2.5 ecu (I was the first to dump a 2.5 ecu for tuning). If someone sees $$$ it'll happen.

Interesting.

Is that what this stuff is coded in...hexadecimal? Takes me back to my days of text formatting codes for dot-matrix printers. Welcome to the 80s...

I just took a peek at the forums. I was wrong about the ODB developer...it's ScanTool who's waiting for the data from Mazda. OCTech has not released their 2019 Mazda PIDs, either. A poster on the ScanTool forum says BlueDriver has released their 2019 Mazda PIDs, but I can't tell from their website.

Interesting.

Is that what this stuff is coded in...hexadecimal? Takes me back to my days of text formatting codes for dot-matrix printers. Welcome to the 80s...

I just took a peek at the forums. I was wrong about the ODB developer...it's ScanTool who's waiting for the data from Mazda. OCTech has not released their 2019 Mazda PIDs, either. A poster on the ScanTool forum says BlueDriver has released their 2019 Mazda PIDs, but I can't tell from their website.

What about punch cards? (rofl)

What about punch cards? (rofl)

My first office job was in the mid 70s. We outsourced our payroll and bookkeeping to Hughes ADP. I visited their offices as part of my job (Gaithersburg MD, as I recall).

There were chads all over the floor.

But I also recall when computers were accessed via teletype and your programs were on long strips of punched yellow tape.

the turbo kit is a trade-in for a GT-R

Absolutely, but right now, I'd wait for the RAV4 Prime. better performance, similar equipment, much better mpg, Toyota reliability. had I known the Prime was on the horizon, I'd have kept my 2015 until it dropped.

Back