Anoyone have Kosei K3s?

Robot Romeo

Contributor
:
02.5 P5
Now that my M6 wheel dream is out the window, I've been looking for some lightweight (under 17lbs) 17" wheels with and +45-50 offset for under $200. So far there aren't many choices. I can't count on any custom Rotas so I've been checking out what Discount Tires and Tire Rack have to offer.

Discount Tire has the Enkei RPM2 for $199, but I'm not to crazy about he mesh style.

Tire Rack has the Koesi K3. Its not the best looking wheel but its clean. Its 17x7 +50mm offset and 17lbs. I searched the boards but couldn't find anyone who had this wheel. Anyone rolling on these Koesi's right now? Or something just as light and cheap with the right offset? (I know there are ton of "Whats the best cheap and light wheel" threads, I've read them all, but none really mention this wheel)

kosei_k3_s_ci3_l.jpg

Tire Rack also has the 14lb Kosei K-1 TS available in a 17x7 with 50mm offset. For some reason you have to select a Mazda 6 sedan as your car in order for the 50mm offset wheel to show up.

kosei_k1_ts.jpg

Thanks CCMSP! and it has 2 valve stems so you can fill the tire with n2o (I think)

And yes these fit..I knew somebody that ran them on their MSP.

I've seen them on a couple of MSP's and would buy them for mine if I ever got new wheels. Khaosman also had them on his P5, which I believe the original poster has. Here is a thread with pics.

Ya, I know about the K-1 TS. Everytime I see that wheel I feel like Pee-Wee saving the animals in the pet store and trying to leave the snakes. I know that it's probably the best wheel you can get for the money, but......I just don't like it. (headshake

I always thought that the K-1 TS would be the wheel the old guys at Road and Track would put on a "tricked-out civic" project if they had one. It screams: "tuner". Whatever that means.

Anyways, enough complaing.(blah)

My rims look similar to the K3's... but mine are ASA JS1's. 17x7 same offset, same weight. I bought mine used for $250 for all 4, and they came with racing slicks on them. I sold the 4 racing tires for $200, so basically I paid $50 for my set of rims.

Here you go. Pretty nice rims made by Toyota haha.

For 18" inch forged, you can't go wrong with the price. Great rims IMO

Attachments

• _MG_4121.jpg
    _MG_4121.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 213
  • _MG_4123.jpg
    _MG_4123.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 747
ChuEy826 said:
My rims look similar to the K3's... but mine are ASA JS1's. 17x7 same offset, same weight. I bought mine used for $250 for all 4, and they came with racing slicks on them. I sold the 4 racing tires for $200, so basically I paid $50 for my set of rims.

Your car is clean. I like the look, plus thats the best deal on wheels I've ever heard of, $12 a wheel, sweet. I'm going to sersiously check out these K3s.

L8R said:

For 18" inch forged, you can't go wrong with the price. Great rims IMO.

Those 18s are crazy.(shocked) Are they powerdcoated green? I wish my car was as sexy as that one, I might be able to pull those wheels off then.

Robot Romeo said:
I always thought that the K-1 TS would be the wheel the old guys at Road and Track would put on a "tricked-out civic" project if they had one. It screams: "tuner". Whatever that means.

the K3 is a nice clean design that works well on the protege...i'm a big fan of clean 5-spoke wheels on the Pro. the TS is not the world's best-looking wheel, but if you're looking for performance on a reasonable budget, it's the way to go.

personally, i think the six-spoke K1 was Kosei's best-looking wheel. cheap, light, and good-looking...but not in 16x7. :(

L8R said:

For 18" inch forged, you can't go wrong with the price. Great rims IMO
i know those are the oprional trd wheels for toyotas but i thought they were made by a major wheel company? but those wheels look sick on that car!

Back