Another question

Dat Slotege

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
In order to make more room for front mount piping, I wanna get rid of my SMIC, is there any way to mount the radiator to the frame without the side mount?

You would have to go full radiator. Just like the non turbo protege, mishimoto is a good aluminum radiator with lifetime warranty

Cool, I may go that route. Thanks man I appreciate it!
A couple of the companies made mounts to maintain the MSP radiator while removing the SMIC. Or you could do like a lot of people and leave the SMIC attached to the radiator. Or you could get a full size radiator, like the Mishimoto for $255, because when the MSP radiator fails, you'll have to replace it with one anyway or pay $370 for an OEM one if they still exist when that happens. I kept my SMIC in until my radiator failed, then went with a Mishimoto. It worked out well, because I had already had my charge piping routed to accommodate the full sized radiator..

A couple of the companies made mounts to maintain the MSP radiator while removing the SMIC. Or you could do like a lot of people and leave the SMIC attached to the radiator. Or you could get a full size radiator, like the Mishimoto for $255, because when the MSP radiator fails, you'll have to replace it with one anyway or pay $370 for an OEM one if they still exist when that happens. I kept my SMIC in until my radiator failed, then went with a Mishimoto. It worked out well, because I had already had my charge piping routed to accommodate the full sized radiator..

I'm thinking with 129000 on the car I might as well go with the Mishimoto. Does it pretty much cover the full area of where the smic was? I'll have to figure out a route around that with the piping

Yeah, it will basically be the exact same width as the radiator/smic combo. Easiest and cleanest route in my opinion is the way I have mine routed.

Back