AMB button Enable...

druiz35

:
2007 Mazda CX-7
Hey Guys,

So, i've looking around on my CX-7 and on the front i have the ambient sensor installed (i believe all do) but the button only happens to exists on the GT trim (Auto climate control type), so, i was browsing around the wiring diagram and this is what i found:

The connectors on the connector itself are color coded (all are) and its colors are W/B (white/black) and BR/Y (brown/yellow) (this is the physical sensor in the front of the car, now, the wiring says that the this sensor goes to the climate wiring (one cable) and the other air mix actuator...

My guess is that the cable should come from the actual sensor, to the climate harness and to the information display in order to show such outside temp, now, where does the switch to turn it on come into place.? Im no electronics wizard so pardon my ignorance as im just trying to get the best of what we have in our CX-7.

Anyone wants to try out and make it work?
I can lend the physical book for anyone to make copies (250 pages total) here in NJ.

Wiring 1.jpeg

Last edited:
Were you able to figure this out? I just recently purchased a 2009 cx-7 and the external temperature and AV controls are visible (all light up) when it is hot out (I'm in California), but I don't have an Ambient control button like it shows in the manual. Is this the same problem you are having? I've taken pictures of the display but just joined this forum and am not sure how to post them.

Back