All aboard! New CX-9 Owner

:
YKA
:
'10 3 +'19 CX9
At last! My wife and I have joined the CX-9 club. 2019 CX-9 GT Sonic Silver Metallic.

Signed a lease as it offers our young and growing family the most cash-flow flexibility and peace of mind. Shout out to Sm1ke for his incredible efforts to this form and guidance over this process. I've been lurking, watching, reading, and listening to all of you over the last year or two on this long-mission, and want to thank you all for your shared Mazda passion and ingenuity.

Delivery is happening Friday, and besides checking the are pressure in the tires myself, what else should I be looking for in the PDI? I've asked for an oil change and the infotainment system to be updated before we leave the dealer as it's been sitting around the lot for nearly a year since it's build date. Photos to come once the rain stops here in Vancouver. Thanks again!

Nice! Congrats! We did lease too, for same reason. First lease for us.

I'd look the paint over if possible for chips, and interior for scratches. It's not that I think Mazda has problem, just people being people, little nicks can happen in the prep process.

I found they really overdid it with the grease in the tracks of the seats. I didn't want that on any shoes/pant legs, so I wiped away.

Hate to admit, but I'm pretty much a pushover on PDI. I once took delivery of a cobalt with a small chip in hood they had just put touch up on...was still tacky. Lived with it (was young).

My CRV came with a tie hook for grocery bags etc broken and brutally taped back into place with black electrical tape. Not even double sided tape which would have been just as unacceptable, but with a tape loop like when you stick a kids artwork on a wall. That came off when I brushed against it day 1. If I'm being honest, week went by and I didn't feel like convincing them I didn't do it, so it's still sitting in car somewhere. I should have gone in for that.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your GT as much as I am. This is my first Mazda and am very surprised with how the build quality is top notch.
I don’t know if I would change the oil as usually the original oil has different properties to help with break in of the engine. Please talk to your dealer and Mazda corporate about it. I would ask them if they can raise the headlights up for you as I raised mine and made a huge difference in drivability. It’s a easy thing to do, but hey they have it so have them do it.
Congratulations on the vehicle and enjoy!!

Back