Aftermarket HID kits

I just ordered a set of 35w 5000k slims for my low beams. I hope installation is straightforward.

Anybody have any problems with the ddm kits (35w), mine seems to not fire up all the time or sometimes takes a really long time to warm up. Already contacted ddm and tried to do a return/exchange but, they weren't able to reduplicate the problem.

On the model CX-5 that I have, (base model / manual 6 speed ), I defeated the DRL (daytime driving lights), by pulling a RELAY (not a fuse).....under the hood. (which one, is marked on the fuse panel cover )

Why? After checking, in the USA, (newer) cars are equipped w/ DRL, but using them is not a requirement. ( in Canada, they must be used, or get a ticket ) ...... When I spoke w/ the dealership, they told me that replacement OEM lamps were $200 each.

Since the headlights do "double duty" and act a Daytime Driving Lights also.... (on this model) I wanted to extend the life of the headlights, as much as possible.

Does anyone know the expected life span of the headlights ? (hour many hours are they supposed to last ? )

oh..... and yes, my headlights still work fine. (meaning the "bright mode" still functions )

When I spoke w/ the dealership, they told me that replacement OEM lamps were $200 each.

That's cheaper than what I was quoted.
What dealer did you call?
#?

Since the headlights do "double duty" and act a Daytime Driving Lights also.... (on this model) I wanted to extend the life of the headlights, as much as possible.

Does anyone know the expected life span of the headlights ? (hour many hours are they supposed to last ? )

oh..... and yes, my headlights still work fine. (meaning the "bright mode" still functions )

What? You disabled your DRL to preserve the life of your headlights?
Are you talking about the bulbs?
Wondering how long it will take for the lens to fade?

Not sure what you are asking.

Jwlj;

Yes, I disabled the daytime driving lights by pulling a relay. The Daytime Driving lights on the base model are the headlights (same lamp/bulb ) So, by pulling the relay, the daytime driving lights will not come on.... but the headlights work as they should, both high-beam, and low beam. (make sense now ? ) said another way: Since the headlights, are also the daytime running/driving lights, on the base model CX-5, by pulling the relay, the headlights will not be on, just because I'm driving. (only on, when I turn them on )

and no, I'm not asking how long it will take for the "lens" to fade, .... I'm asking if anyone knows how long the headlights are expected to last, before they burn out. (the lamp/bulb).... in "hours".

The dealership in Orlando told me that the headlights were "about" $200 each.

Jwlj;

Yes, I disabled the daytime driving lights by pulling a relay. The Daytime Driving lights on the base model are the headlights (same lamp/bulb ) So, by pulling the relay, the daytime driving lights will not come on.... but the headlights work as they should, both high-beam, and low beam. (make sense now ? ) said another way: Since the headlights, are also the daytime running/driving lights, on the base model CX-5, by pulling the relay, the headlights will not be on, just because I'm driving. (only on, when I turn them on )

and no, I'm not asking how long it will take for the "lens" to fade, .... I'm asking if anyone knows how long the headlights are expected to last, before they burn out. (the lamp/bulb).... in "hours".

The dealership in Orlando told me that the headlights were "about" $200 each.

I was told closer to 350 for halogens up here.
thanks!

Not to revive an old thread or be that guy....but its better than starting an identical post guy... But I'm Rollin in an2016 Mazda cx 5 with halogen lights. I'm wanting to convert to xenon for the obvious reasons... Brighter head lights, and of course stop the vampiric power draw from my audio system causing light dimming. These will solve both issues! But before I drop 150.00+ on a set, do I need any form of canbus( I know mostly European but still rather safe than sorry ) or the capacitor link for the flicking issues some vehicles have?

These cost extra and if are not needed would be a waste...but with this being my vehicle for family, work, and pleasure I'd rather not not buy and be SOL and have to spend the money plus extra for shipping/handling.

Also want to make sure the bulbs are 2 separate for brights/normal or if they are a dual headlight. I've done some reading around... But nothing on theses specifics or maybe the holidays are just frying my brain :/ thanks!!!

Back