Advice needed-R/P front brake pads on 626

jencourt1

My daughters 1996 626 needs front brake pads. I have never done this but I am mechanically inclined. Are there any special tools needed? Sequence and steps? Looking for advice, instruction, pictures. Responses are appreciated. Getting the car on jack-stands is no problem. Thanks

If you're just going to do the brake pads and not the rotors, you really only need one tool. I can't remember (for the life of my, I've been trying) exactly what size it is, but you'll need a fairly good sized allen wrench. All you do is remove the slider bolt off of the cylinder housing of the caliper, and slide it out. At this point, you'll be able to lift the housing away from the mounting bracket. Once you get the housing off, you should be able to just pull the pads out and put the new ones in. Be sure to note the position of the shims and the springs for the pads. You will see what I am talking about when you get the caliper out.

You may also need to push the piston back with a c-clamp blow off everything with compressed
Air and put disk brake grease where metal to metal happens

Latest posts

Back