adjustable fpr

gangstagangsta

nutturner
:
03 MSP Black Mica #913
I just wanted to ask a few questions about running a after market fuel rail (MAM) and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I'll be running 440cc injectors and wanted to add a adjustable fpr for some static control and an easy way to integrate a fuel pressure sensor for my data system.

Is a rising rate of 1:1 AFPR what I need for a stock ecu and ssafc piggyback?
Any recommendations? I am looking at aeromotive right now.

You shouldn't need it with a piggy back. Stay away from eBay unless you want to adjust it everyday

Thanks tweety. I cant get a straight answer from anyone about negative effects of a AFPR. I think I will take the money used for a AFPR and find a flange for a fuel pressure sensor. Hopefully it wont look hideous on my pretty MAM fuel rail.

I believe if you remove the FPS on the stock FPR it makes it effectively a 1:1 RRFPR, I know I read that somewhere on this forum.

Hey hornsfan are you saying that the current sensor and FPR are not a RR 1:1? I assumed they would be and that the sensor/Solenoid just helped regulate the pressure for our boosted cars raising FP 1 psi for 1 psi of boost. Its the same regulator found on the P5 correct? Thanks for the reply... I thought this post was going down into oblivion.

Last edited:
If you're really dead set on getting one, I can vouch for the BEGi units. It's what I used on my turbo automatic P5 waaaaay back in the day, and it worked great.

Hey hornsfan are you saying that the current sensor and FPR are not a RR 1:1? I assumed they would be and that the sensor/Solenoid just helped regulate the pressure for our boosted cars raising FP 1 psi for 1 psi of boost. Its the same regulator found on the P5 correct? Thanks for the reply... I thought this post was going down into oblivion.

I know it's the same sensor the naturally Proteges have, I don't think the FPR is any different either.

Back