Adding paddle shifters to 2021 CX-5 Carbon AWD Turbo

Solution
84 views and nobody has done this?

A search in this subforum for "paddle" quickly led me to find this how-to guide for installing paddle shifters on a 2017, written in 2021:

The process will likely be very similar for a 2021 without paddle shifters.

A search in this subforum for "paddle" quickly led me to find this how-to guide for installing paddle shifters on a 2017, written in 2021:

The process will likely be very similar for a 2021 without paddle shifters.

Upvote 1
Solution
Very few, but that is a small percentage of the members. As above, few folks either want to go to the trouble, or are worried about how it will affect the warranty. Both valid reasons, but if you want to try go right ahead.

Upvote 0
Follow the guide and it should be ok but honestly after adding them I rarely use them. Price was about 170-180 usd with shipping from Japan.
The biggest challenge for me was removing the airbag, the rest was easy. There are two types - one is if you have heated steering wheel, the other is without heating.

Upvote 0
I'll probably get a few downvotes, but I have paddle shifters on both my Mazda 6 and my Kia Stinger.
I don't use them on either vehicle. I wouldn't spend money on adding them, but that's just me.

Upvote 0
Yea, gotta admit I am rethinking this. With my Audis and a DSG it's required...but not on a regular auto trans.

Upvote 0
I suppose it depends on the individual and his connection with the vehicle. I’ve had paddle shifters on four of my last six vehicles and used them 80-90% of my driving time in them. I use the Manual mode 80-90% of my driving time in my CX-5. I’d be very happy if it had paddles, but I am content as it is now.

Upvote 0
Back