2017~2024 Adaptive Front Lighting Module and Harness

Storm In Ohio

:
2018 CX5 GT
New to the forum so if this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

2018 Mazda CX5 GT

Took her in for the 5000 mile service and just a couple of odd issues. Rear Windshield wiper quit working, light in dash showing E Brake problem coming off and on and check engine light off and on. Lights would come on and at my next stop I would turn the car back on they would be off. Wasn't every time, it would happen maybe every other or so.

Dealer fixed rear wiper (bolt came loose?) and completed the service. Now they claim the Adaptive Front Lighting Module and Harness are wet and corroded? That is what is causing the issues in the dash. Said that when I had the car tinted that he left a "gap" and allowed water in. I'm confused. Tint is on the inside of the car, how is there a gap for water. Isn't this module in the middle of the dash? Now the bill is around $2000 for repairs. Am I being taken for a fool?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ohio

Unfortunately yes and now I'm hearing from the Dealer they used a water based sealant and that's what leaked down. They actually reached out to the company and he is coming to the Dealership to inspect it. If he doesn't pay it then I really have no choice I guess.

Yikes, makes more sense now. Tinters are very liberal with water usage. Hopefully they will step up and take some responsibility. Good luck!

Unfortunately yes and now I'm hearing from the Dealer they used a water based sealant and that's what leaked down. They actually reached out to the company and he is coming to the Dealership to inspect it. If he doesn't pay it then I really have no choice I guess.

If the company doesn't pay then it's the dealers liability since they engaged/used that company's product. You should not have to pay for something that clearly appears not to be your fault.

Back