AC issue

CWPspeed3

:
2008.5 MS3
Anytime I put the vents to the floor the AC comes on, I can have the AC button turned on or off but anytime the vents are on the floor the compressor comes on and it blows cold air. I have the temp set to 60 and I'd expect that if I was pushing the floor and defrost button but I cant turn the floor vents on without the AC coming on, anyone else having this issue or any suggestions as to what I can do?

I am not sure, but everytime my floor vents are on, so are the front d-frosts. nothing I can do about it.

I think that our cars just have these random glitches in their circuitry. Kinda like the 08.5's ****** up headunit. and like when I am on Aux. if i change the bass it always says +x bass (never goes back to Aux.).
f'in mazda should have hired me for there AND/OR circuits.

Well does the floor and defrost button do only floor then? maybe they have the switch wired incorrectly. I'll try and test that as well.

There are a few odd glitches with this car. I had my radio replaced due to the volume issue, sounds a lot better now, so hopefully this is just something they can reprogram or something. I haven't noticed changing the bass in Aux, just something else to try out.

Changing the bass in my 08 in AUX is not an issue, yet...

The AC, there is another thread on here that speaks to it specifically. See if we can find it. The floor vents on should be the ONLY time the AC does NOT run. At least that is what I was told. I know you turn the AUTO TEMP control off completely though and that eliminates a lot of these problems. I remember having a hard time turning the AC off until I read the manual about turning the AUTO TEMP off.

Back