A Few Questions

drivenyam

:
Mazda 5 Sport
Well here goes nothing. I am sure I am about to ask questions that have been answered a few times over, but I have search for info on my 5 to no avail. How much of the 3 is a direct fit? I am talking suspension and engine type stuff. I know obviously that the body stuff doesn't swap, but I am trying to plan my future mods with my 5 and I am having trouble getting info. Both here and on the internet as a whole because everything wants to show me mx-5 stuff anytime you put Mazda and 5 in the search bar. I promise I am not new to forums or to modding cars, just new to this forum and my 5, but excited about my future with her.

Any help is appreciated!

You might have better luck searching using "MAZDA5" with no space.

I have more luck with Premacy but still just parts and no info. I know there is a lot that swaps over, but cant find more specific info. For instance, I see people talk about the Mazdaspeed 3 exhaust on here, but there is nowhere that tells me if is a direct fit or needs modding.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have, but I guess I am unsure what to search for. I will continue to look through. Thanks for the help.

Hey, am I missing something? When I look at the Mazda5 Lounge it list the threads in the hundreds to thousands, but when I go into the actual category it says "1 to 16 of 16" or "1 to 7 of 7". I feel like there something I am not seeing and maybe that is why my searches render no results. Am I limited because I am new? Can't help but think that is why I have 0 results but you post a link to something I have looked for.

Hey, am I missing something? When I look at the Mazda5 Lounge it list the threads in the hundreds to thousands, but when I go into the actual category it says "1 to 16 of 16" or "1 to 7 of 7". I feel like there something I am not seeing and maybe that is why my searches render no results. Am I limited because I am new? Can't help but think that is why I have 0 results but you post a link to something I have looked for.

It could be your thread display options in your settings - if you only list ones in the last month, you will not see them all.

And to answer your question, some things meant for the 3 or Speed3 will work without modification. These would be the rear sway bar and endlinks, front brakes (within generation, and your stock wheels may NOT fit over them) some of the available cold air intakes and short rams will most likely work as well. Suspension is iffy, though some have done it, remember that the 5 is heavier and thus the rear stuff in particular is chancey. Other stuff, like exhausts and headers will not be a direct bolt on. For fun look at SAC02' thread on his turbo project.... Oh and welcome to the site

Back