245 45 18 or 245 50 18??

theblackspeed

:
2009 MazdaSpeed 3 - Mica Black
hi all,

well seems like ill be purchasing another pair of rota torques this time 18x8 +48 for the MS3. looking to put some super beefy nexen N series tires on them, rolling the fenders won't be an issue if it comes to that. which size would best fill the wheel well?

P.S. the car IS NOT lowered. possibly will go full coil over in the future 2-3 years down the line (extended warranty)

Why are you going with such a tall tire? Do you want to go taller than the stock size? 245/40 is about the closest you can get to the stock height.
But it seems you want to fill the fender well a little more without lowering I'm guessing?

Doubtful a 245/50 will fit. I suspect the 245/45 will rub pretty bad. Rolling the fenders may not be enough.

I just picked up some Nitto NT555s in 245/40/18 and they are a tad taller then stock...this is on a 18x8.5 wheel. You should be using a 225/45/18.

I've seen 245/40/18 on rx8 wheels (which IIRC are damn close to the size you're looking for, save offset) and they look beefy as hell. I wouldn't go anymore though, or you're going to rub like WHOA under load, even on stock and NOT blown suspension.

FWIW, I have 225/45/18's on my car (3 sets for a combined 80k miles) and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back