2024 CX-5 Exact location passenger front airbag?

Hi, I have a 2024 CX5 and wanted to know exactly from what part the passenger side front airbag deploys from. I changed the original radio for a touch screen one and want to make sure that this will not affect passenger front airbag deployment. Thanks

It should deploy from the dash. There's sensors in the front end and under the seats. As long as the airbag dash light goes off at startup everything should be good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It should deploy from the dash. There's sensors in the front end and under the seats. As long as the airbag dash light goes off at startup everything should be good.
pretty sure he wants to make sure the radio doesn't take his passenger's head off...

Upvote 0
Hi, I have a 2024 CX5 and wanted to know exactly from what part the passenger side front airbag deploys from. I changed the original radio for a touch screen one and want to make sure that this will not affect passenger front airbag deployment. Thanks

Care to show us a pic? It would be better if we can see it.

Upvote 0
I have the basic CX-5 trim, which does not include these airbag dash lights

I believe that you still have the airbag light. It's in the center just below the HVAC system.

EDIT

In looking at the pics below, your passenger airbag light may be between the seater (seat heater) indicator leds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1000044586.jpg
1000042564.jpg

Upvote 0
I believe that you still have the airbag light. It's in the center just below the HVAC system.

EDIT

In looking at the pics below, your passenger airbag light may be between the seater (seat heater) indicator leds.
These are pictures from passenger and pilot side. Apparently, my trim does not include an airbag light on the passenger side...

Attachments

• 20240331_112759.jpg
    20240331_112759.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240331_112705.jpg
    20240331_112705.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 0
Where exactly are those leds?

In my CX, the passenger side airbag indicator is below the HVAC system and between the seat heater indicators. In my car, there isn't any indication of what's going on with the backseat belts as I see in the pic posted above.

Upvote 0
Back