2021 driver seat

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
The attached photo suggests that the driver's seat stitching is suspect. My GTR has ~ 8,000 miles and 11 months service. I wear rough jeans in my vehicle. Does anyone see an issue that should be brought to the dealer attention? I think this type of issue would only be covered for 12 months? or maybe the 36 months?
Ed

Attachments

• 1207210858.jpg
    1207210858.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 164
If this were covered, it would probably fall under the new vehicle warranty (12 mo). I have a feeling that your dealer will just turn you away, or tell you to stop twisting in your seat, but it's worth a shot. Just be prepared to contact Mazda Corporate if you don't get any support from your dealer.

Looks like you're not alone in this, and that it isn't necessarily a Mazda problem..

Worse comes to worst, you can use beeswax to "rebind" the frayed threads to the stitch. Alternatively you can also use a bbq lighter to singe the frayed threads off, but be very quick and very careful if you attempt this. You don't want to burn the threads or the leather completely. Less is more.

If this were covered, it would probably fall under the new vehicle warranty (12 mo).
What 12 mo. warranty? 36 Mo warranty full warranty though? Agreed that in 12 months this should not happen but would be thinkink they may call hit a 'wear' itemm like brakes, and deny coverage. Hop not.

What 12 mo. warranty? 36 Mo warranty full warranty though? Agreed that in 12 months this should not happen but would be thinkink they may call hit a 'wear' itemm like brakes, and deny coverage. Hop not.

Sorry, I think they actually call it a Service Adjustment Warranty. From the Warranty Booklet:

Service adjustment is covered for the first 12 months (unlimited distance). Service adjustment means minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts, such as wheel balance and alignment, tension adjustment of automatic transmission throttle cable and V-belt, fitting of engine hood, trunk lid, or rear hatch, etc.

My hope is that they see this issue as an "unusual wear" item and replace or repair the seat/seat cover.

I took my GTR to the dealer and after a seat inspection, they said it is warrantied and order the new seat cover before I left the dealer. The dealer was courteous, polite and did a professional job. I recommend the MAZDA dealer in Fort Myers FL.

I took my GTR to the dealer and after a seat inspection, they said it is warrantied and order the new seat cover before I left the dealer. The dealer was courteous, polite and did a professional job. I recommend the MAZDA dealer in Fort Myers FL.
Awesome news.
That must have been a huge relief for you.

I expected that they would acknowledge that the seat had some wear and would suggest I just keep an eye on it. I was surprised at the very positive response. Maybe partly because I didn't go in making a big fuss but, was polite and patient while a Tech looked at it.

Last edited:
Back