2018 CX-9 Speakers cut in and out

Does anyone know what could be causing the speakers to intermittently go in and out. Sound is still great when on but then there is a snap noise and all the speakers go out. A few minutes (varies) later it comes back on and sounds fine for a short time and then the snap. Is the amp overheating? Or is the amp dying? It is the Bose system. I checked the wiring at the amp and all seemed to be fine.

Lkqonline.com is a well known junkyard that will ship to you.
Car-part.com is a junkyard hotline that will help you find a car close
I usually use mazdaswag to purchase new or Google the part number online to see who has the cheapest price

Before you buy a new amp, see if Bose will replace it. The amp dying was a pretty common problem for a while, and a lot of people got them replaced for free.

Does anyone know what could be causing the speakers to intermittently go in and out. Sound is still great when on but then there is a snap noise and all the speakers go out. A few minutes (varies) later it comes back on and sounds fine for a short time and then the snap. Is the amp overheating? Or is the amp dying? It is the Bose system. I checked the wiring at the amp and all seemed to be fine.
The snaps may go away on their own. I gave mine some time and it stopped. However, my sound wasn’t cutting in and out, only loud snaps.

Last edited:
Back