2016 CX-5 Test Drive Concerns/Question

an update on this... they balanced the wheels again which really annoyed the service manager who seemed to think driving in a paint can mixer above 70mph is normal. Is between 8-12 wheel weights on every wheel normal? so i drove the 2 hours again to drive it (i live in the middle of nowhere). hey what do you know, it still vibrates on the highway. they said that maybe the new tires were just really hard and im probably not used to it. i also noticed it looked like the infotainment screen had been pulled out and put back in because the dash was all mucked up around it, which makes me wonder if the entire dash was taken apart at some point (clean carfax though)
i had to walk away....still looking for one lol.

Last edited:
It is not a problem for you I agree. (bow)

However, I am referring to the original poster, whom if he had never heard the SKYACTIV AWS, and was OUTSIDE the vehicle, it would sound abnormal. That is why there are TSB's and many posts on this very forum from new posters that ask what is wrong and why it is so loud at cold-startup.

https://www.holidaymazda.com/blog/why-is-my-mazda-3-so-loud-when-it-starts/

this one sounded like standing next to a lawnmower it wasnt just a cold start.

That's interesting I hadn't heard that. Have you gotten used to have a tablet stuck to your dash?
What he means is that the Gen 2s are significantly quieter in the cabin, technically "nicer", etc.

Driving dynamics wise, I'll take a Gen 1 over a Gen 2 from what I've seen/heard. People claim the driving "feel" is better in Gen 2s, or marginally different to not matter, but I've seen the videos. It's a slower car than Gen 1 for that pick up and go. They had a video with a Gen 1 and Gen 2 drag racing and the Gen 1 always won.

Last edited:
Back