2012 Hypertech? Any news??

SomnoSpeed3

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 G/T
So I just bought a 2012 Speed3 and am hoping to see a Hypertech out soon. I had one on my 2007 MS3 and absolutely loved it. Is there any word out there when we can expect a HT for the '12's?

Thanks

I called HyperTech just minutes ago and was told the 2012 MS3 tune is on their schedule, but a completion date is not available. There are several higher priority projects ahead of the 2012 MS3.

Yeah I had a AP on my gen1 MS3 but ended up going with the HT. I only had CAI for engine mod so I didn't really need the cobb. Don't really want it now either but might have to go with it. I just don't feel safe using it and don't really want to try to learn it either.

I emailed HT a couple days ago and the said "we do not have HT for the 2012 MS3 and do not currently have plans for one." Maybe it depends who you ask but any way you look at it, it will be a loooooooooooooong time before one is available but my guess it will never be. The Gen2 is not nearly as popular so there's not much money to be made.

Yeah I had a AP on my gen1 MS3 but ended up going with the HT. I only had CAI for engine mod so I didn't really need the cobb. Don't really want it now either but might have to go with it. I just don't feel safe using it and don't really want to try to learn it either.

I am very new to tuning, read alot, then read some more, ask for advice/help, using the ATR/AP is extremely easy. The folks at MSF were extremely helpful and there are enough threads to ease thru any issue you might have. Abilor's Guide was great to understand the basic tuning principles/starting points and the MSF threads dive a little deeper, great information and help is out there.

I like the ability to look at what is going one and make adjustments to hit the numbers I am trying to achieve.

I Liked my HT on my 09..it was simple and safe..thats why im going with it on my 2011. Im not tryin for max power for my daily driver. But if you can't get one..buy the AP..just don't get crazy with it!!!

I'm just gonna hold out for the HT I guess. The thread link above includes a response from Hypertech saying that sooner or later there will be a '12 HT but they don't know when.
I like the relative safety and smoother feel of the HT. With only an intake as a mod the HT is much better than the AP.

THose dead horses can kiss my ass. I have no interest in changing anyone's opinion and I sure hope no dumb ass kid thinks he can change mine. If I say its better its because thats what i think. I have actually tried both. Most of the loudmouths here who get into that battle of nitwits have only owned one or the other. Or neither. Few have owned both.

I don't give a s*** who agrees or doesn't.

LOL, I don't want to waste my breath over the arguement between which is better. Seriously though, why get a Speed 3 unless you are going to mod it? I don't like the complexity of the interface of the COBB AP but it has its uses. What I am really waiting for is the Versa Tuner for the Gen 2's.

Latest posts

Back