2011 Mazda 2 DRL's

jrosero

:
Mazda, 2 2011/touring
Hello guys,

I just wanted to know if any of you experts here has disabled their DRL's? reason i asked is because i want to disable DRL on my mazda 2, this way i can make the life of HID bulb longer. I know it's a safety feature and that's why instead of my headlight (drl) turning on whenever i start my car, i want my angel eyes / Halos to turn on and serve as my DRL. I don't know if this is possible or not but i'm taking chances posting here. I hope you guys would spend time helping me out.

Thanks

I know there is a relay that runs/activates the drl's. It is most likely under the dash /steering column area. I seem to recall that COSH posted a wiring diagram of the headlights and fogs in the how-to a while back that showed a relay that might be drls.

I installed a PUMA drl (OEM parts manufacturer) on my old civic si. It deactivated when the parking brake was lifted/activated/set. Otherwise, the high beams ran all the time at a reduced intensity.

You have halos? What headlights do you have?

I know there is a relay that runs/activates the drl's. It is most likely under the dash /steering column area. I seem to recall that COSH posted a wiring diagram of the headlights and fogs in the how-to a while back that showed a relay that might be drls.

I installed a PUMA drl (OEM parts manufacturer) on my old civic si. It deactivated when the parking brake was lifted/activated/set. Otherwise, the high beams ran all the time at a reduced intensity.

You have halos? What headlights do you have?

yes i have halos, i retrofitted my headlights and fitted halos on to the front of the shrouds.

Back