2011 CX9 Roof Rack

larglin

:
CX-9, Touring 2011
First time posting, I just had a little one and traveling has gotten alot more interesting and we have to take alot more. I'm looking at getting a roof rack. Currently I don't have any system but I do have the fixed points. I was thinking of getting the crossbars that fit in the fixed points but everything i have found has been expensive. Has anyone used the fixed crossbars ? How did they work? Any suggestions on brand or where to find reasonably priced set? Thanks

The OEM Rails and crossbars are really nice because the snap right in the access points. Just 3 screws each side. They are a little expensive, but they work good.

mini-20130708_175846.jpg

I have Thule 460 with 50" loadbars mounted to the fixed point on the roof. (no OEM roof rack).
The loadbar span with Thule 460 is 44", so all the cargo boxes will not fit. (both Thule and Yakima cargo boxes)
The only option is the cargo basket. (I have not tried it)

I ended up buying an used Yakima Rocketbox and extended the slots (drill and dremel tool) on the mounting HW to fit.
It actually works fine. No issues in the highway driving.
New ones are pretty expensive. Look for used ones from Craiglists.
I got Thule roof rack for $150 and Yakima cargo box for $75. Just be patient on CL.

Last edited:
Back