2010 MS3 Exhaust Options (Lend me your opinion)

gprestonmoto

:
2010 MS3 Red Mica
Alright so I'm trying to decide what exhaust system to purchase for my 2010 MS3. I realize that these are all simply stock replacements so I can buy the corksport downpipe and race pipe if I want to, however I'm not really liking all of the options I've seen so far. Here's my opinions of what I've seen.

Magnaflow: + I love the deep, loud, and angry tone.
- Dual Exit
- The installation looks like a bunch of cheap pipes clamped together and cheap
- No power info or dyno sheets

corksport: + corksport has always done me right
+ Fantastic craftsmanship
+ Dyno information available
+ Good power
- Sounds pretty quiet from the videos I've seen, not really excited
- Dual Exit

HKS Legamax : + Sounds ok
- No dyno sheets
- Dual Exit
- 2.5" pipes? wtf?

Ultimate-Racing : + Sounds pretty good!
+ Titanium Tips looks nice
+ Looks like decent gains
+ Seems pretty popular
- Who the hell is Ultimate Racing?
- Not a fan of 150$ for tips...
- Dual Exit

Borla : - I will never buy Borla

cp-E: + Big Boy sound. Fairly Angry. I like.
- Looks like Magnaflow construction...
- Sounds like it's possibly too loud
- Never heard of cp-E (Is this stuff good?)
- I try to keep my parts within the same brand (HOLY CRAP 658$ for a DP with Cat?!)

Am I missing any? I'd really like a single exit like the greddy Racing Ti-C's for the 1st Gens, but nothing from greddy yet. Also, a few of these brands I have no experience with so please do not take any offense to the fact that I've never heard of a couple. I was a rotor head and the MS3 is a new ballgame to me as far as aftermarket companies. Are there any single outlets for the 2nd gen MS3s? If so can I get a link as well as a video link? Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Last edited:
for a single exit, look for an aftermarket set-up from a 2010 n/a 3. The 2L one. But i'm sure the piping size wont be sufficient for what you want

My favorite muffler is by Power Enterprise. I was thinking about just having one built at a shop, but I don't know if 3" pipe is bent at small shops and that over the axle thing will either be "We can't do that" or "We do that but we'll need your first born". The Magnaflow sounds really good to me ( http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=7349 ) but I think the construction leaves something to be desired. Right now I'm leaning towards Ultimate Racing, but I'd like to know if anyone has had good success with them or can vouch for them. Their SRI on the website looks so sketchy to me that it's messing with my exhaust decision.

@peavey - 3" OD for the run into the muffler w/2.5" out to 4" tips. Same as most.

I can tell you this much. I love the sound of my Ultimate Racing exhaust. But getting the section over the rear axle was horrific. I had to use a hammer to bend the heat shield around. But otherwise I like it. At first the exhaust would smack around cause it is so big but light so the stock hangers were useless. I upgraded to MODE Racing hanger bushings. But they hold the exhaust really close to the rear bumper so it still rumbles against it. I think a new motor mount would end all the movement. Otherwise, I have a thread on here with the sound of the exhaust at cold start and warm idle in this section somehwere. Check it out.

Back