2010 cx9 liftgate not working

I have 2010 cx9 GT. The powered liftgate stopped working. All I get is three beeps when I try to open or close it. Any idea, I have already removed the negative terminal from the battery to see if that would help but still getting the three beeps. Does anyone know what part I would need to replace? if anyone has the repair diagram as well.

Try this procedure

Same results with dash button and keyfob? Is the gate unlocking? And not lifting? If it unlocks (or manually unlock it), lift the gate manually and see if that changes things.

Ok, some old threads use to talk about this. Likely insulation got tangled into the opener. Take the trim panel off to have a looksie. Sounds crazy but give it a try.

This just happened to me on my 2018. Check the power liftgate fuse. I skipped it at first because it was too small to take out with my fingers. Tried literally everything else short of a dealer visit (disconnected negative terminal for 10 mins, reconnected terminal, unlocked all doors, manually opened liftgate from inside, manually closed liftgate). It would just beep 3 times whenever I tried to use the buttons or the fob. Finally I checked the fuse and saw that it had blown. There should be a fuse puller tool on the underside of the fuse box cover in the engine bay.

The Power Liftgate fuse for your 2010 should be in the glove box fuse panel. It is the 20A fuse located here:

fusebox2010.JPG

Reference: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?resources/fuse-box-location-and-fuse-information.14/

Back