2009 Keyfob problem

Any idea what to do if my keyfobs are not functioning well anymore? I have no stomach for paying $600 for a new one on a 2009. I have the smartfobs (credit card) and they will open the doors sometimes and allow me to start the car if I press on the card in a specific area. They never work without squeezing the card near the center.

Any idea what to do if my keyfobs are not functioning well anymore? I have no stomach for paying $600 for a new one on a 2009. I have the smartfobs (credit card) and they will open the doors sometimes and allow me to start the car if I press on the card in a specific area. They never work without squeezing the card near the center.
Have you replaced the battery in the fob? Performance goes down as the battery gets weaker.

Yes, thanks. Several times actually. It almost seems like there may be an issue with the receiving end in the car and not the fob. But, I don't know.

Sounds like you have the same issue I was having. I got rid of the so called "smart-key". I do have a Compustar remote start, which locks/unlocks the doors & tailgate, and was willing to lose the "keyless starting" the smart-key provides.

How to get rid of the smart-key.

CX-9 life has been fantastic after doing this. :)

Back