2008 MS3 NAPA replacement battery

dan1101

Got in my car yesterday morning and it barely cranked, wouldn't start. I was still on the OEM battery so I was expecting it to happen pretty soon. I wanted to get something decent that would last as long as the original Panasonic did. Locally I have Advance Auto, Fisher Auto Parts, and NAPA. I don't like Advance electrical parts, not sure what sort of batteries Fisher carries. NAPA was the closest place I thought I could get a quality battery. However, their website and local computer system doesn't know that a Mazdaspeed3 exists, and Google searches didn't help either. So I brought my old battery in and put it on the counter and asked for a battery of the same size.

I can report NAPA Legend 75 month battery #7535 fits just fine. It was $104 and hopefully will last the 6+ years it's supposed to.

After all that I notice I had left one of the overhead map lights on. That's ok, I had noticed the car was cranking slower for several months, like if it didn't start the first try it might not start. But I could have gotten even more life out of the OEM.

Mine did the same thing - slower and slower starting. Interstate from Costco - $78. NAPA is bad about not knowing much about cars. They tried to tell me my Hemi Ram couldn't have a 5.7L V-8. :(

Back