2008 CX-9 GT missing CD Player?

brendwal

Just picked up an '08 CX-9 GT with Navigation, Bose, and DVD Ent system. From what I can tell, it has almost every option. But dammed if I can find (not on the dash!) a CD Player! Can't find a 6-CD changer in the back anywhere either. How am I supposed to play an Audio CD? Reach behind me and put it in the DVD player on the roof?! That sounds too bizarre.
Also, when I open the glovebox on the center console, the 3.5mm Aux audio jack doesn't exist - just a plastic imprint and label of where it WOULD go if there indeed was one. Odd as well? Any info on this would be fabulous. I found the Navigation unit CD/DVD player in the back under the tool compartment. And the Bose Subwoofer. NO CD ANYTHING. ARG!

IIRC on my friend's CX9, he uses the main Rear Entertainment System unit for that purpose... Page 6-74 of your owner's manual.

ROTFL!!!!!!! The 6 Disc cd changer is behind the navigation screen. Press your "load" button.

The unit in the rear of the vehicle (trunk) is where the navigation disc is. Newer models lost the 6 disc changer in the dash and have a 2 disc navigation deal inside the dash.
Use your 6 disc changer sparingly, they are known to die instantly, leaving your screen half up/down.

Good luck!

ROTFL!!!!!!! The 6 Disc cd changer is behind the navigation screen. Press your "load" button.

The unit in the rear of the vehicle (trunk) is where the navigation disc is. Newer models lost the 6 disc changer in the dash and have a 2 disc navigation deal inside the dash.
Use your 6 disc changer sparingly, they are known to die instantly, leaving your screen half up/down.

Good luck!

LOL!! I'll have to tell him ;) he got it used a few months ago too... He rarely listens to CDs anyways... But wow, that is good to know :p

My wife uses it sometimes, and we use it for Christmas cd's, but otherwise pretty much the 3.5mm headphone jack inside the center console is best for me, for my ipod or tablet audio output. Newer CX-9's have streaming bluetooth audio, but even so, I only have an ipod classic 80gb. It works just fine for me.

The changer makes the worst noises when changing discs, I always shutter when I hear it and wonder if it is going to eat itself. So far, it has curbed its own appetite.

Our 2012 has two slots behind the screen, one for audio CD's and the other for the Nav disc. Not sure if the Nav disc is CD or DVD based, haven't looked at it close enough yet.

ROFL is right! Ok, and I'm a tech geek and couldn't figure it out! Wow! (drunk)
So now that I've found it and it works....any idea why I have a 'dummy' 3.5 jack in the center console instead of the actual jack? Obviously in this day and age CD's are ooooooold! I'd rather plug in my iPOD or smartphone and play that.....

dummy jack? whadddya mean?

My 3.5mm jack is inside the center console as well, that's the way Mazda made it.... what do you mean dummy jack?

Select "audio" on the left button column and "aux" on the right button column.

I mean there is no actual 3.5mm jack. There is a spot where it "should" go. There is an imprint on the plastic that says 3.5mm auxilary and a rectangle and circle where the jack should be. It's not a removable cover or anything.

Brendwal, I looked at your picture.... there is nothing missing. You plug one end of a 3.5mm cord into the hole there, and the other end of the 3.5mm cord goes into your iphone/android/tablet headphone 3.5mm jack.

Then you press the "aux" button on your nav unit and enjoy your music!

0006503084123_500X500.jpg

Latest posts

Back