2003 Protege5, RUST FREE w/extras, $6500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josue6WGN

:
2004 6 Wagon S
Ugh....this is going to be a long post. lulz

After almost a year of good times, I've decided to part ways with my P5. We've got a baby due in June, and a bigger wagon would benefit us more at this point. I'm also just not that into a modified car anymore. I really wasn't when I bought this car either, but it was a good deal that I couldn't pass up. I bought it off another forum member, and have documented every step of the way in my build thread, found here...

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123795817-JosueP5-s-03-Protege5-Build-Thread.

Feel free to look through it, and if there are any questions not answered in there, don't hesitate to ask! Mod list is as follows...

Engine/performance

-AEM CAI w/bypass valve (not currently installed)
-Spooled up header (not currently installed)
-Mental Addiction Motorsports midpipe
-Magnaflow cat back w/resonator
-GT Spec strut bar
-Forcefed matte black powdercoated valve cover w/machined raised letters and cam gear cutout
-Mazdaspeed oil cap
-custom hood struts
-Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
-Brake fluid replaced with DOT4

When installing the new motor, I also did some maintenance...

-Timing belt
-water pump
-belt tensioner
-idler pulley
-coils
-wires
-plugs
-and all the fluids were changed; coolant, tranny, oil. (oil has been changed at routine intervals since lol)

Appearance/body/wheels

-VVME 6K HID's w/relay harness
-DG grille
-fog light deletes
-roof rack deletes
-6 wagon rear wiper
-eBay shortie antenna
-lowered on unknown springs
-16" A-tech monoblock rims, tires need replaced, but it's not an URGENT matter
-15" Steelies w/Hankook Winter I-Pike tires...beefy!
-Gorilla lug nuts, red

And what I feel is the BEST part of my car, it's 100% RUST FREE. Not appears to be rust free, but there's really rust creeping in all the places you can't see and underneath the car. It came from TN, so was never exposed to these harsh Midwest winters. I ALSO rustproofed the living s*** out of it before winter hit. Undercoated the entire under body, and took apart all the interior panels to spray rustproofing inside the panels, and sprayed rustproofing inside the engine bay in all the critical areas on these cars. So, it won't be rusting any time soon either! I'm a body man, so I know how problematic rust can be, and I did everything in my power to prevent that on this clean car.

Audio

-Kenwood CD player w/front USB
-4 channel Interfire 900w amp
-Autotek tweeters in factory mirror cover location
-Polk audio tweeters in door panels
-Polk audio 6.5's in front doors
-Autotek 6.5's in rear doors
-Diamond Audio D312D2 subwoofer
-universal bass knob
-Whole interior has been soundproofed with dynomat-like material

Interior

-Dual A-pillar gauge pod
-Prosport voltmeter
-Prosport water temp w/upper radiator hose adapter/sensor (both gauges hooked up for white/daytime, amber/night time)
-knock off cluster rings (not DaveB)
-Kartboy short shifter w/bushings
-MSP shift knob
-Mazdaspeed pedal covers
-MPV wiper switch (allows for adjustable intermittent speeds)
-BRAND NEW OEM FLOORMATS (i have no plans of using them, bought them as a selling point because they make the interior look that much cleaner. :p $20 universal rubber mats installed now)
-Custom red LED's under the footwells
-HEATED SEATS!!!!! (just installed these not too long ago, definitely a must have for leather in cold climates lol)

Parts not installed

-Hawk HP+ front pads (used for 1 track day)
-Corksport poly exhaust hangers

OEM parts that will come with car

-rear bumper cover protector (black plastic piece that sits on top of the bumper)
-valve cover
-2 sets of fans
-MSP ECU
-J-pipe
-Grille
-Strut bar
-spare tire subwoofer
-shift knob (installed right now, MSP knob was a little cold in the winter lol)
-various nuts and bolts

Flaws

Overall, the car is in excellent condition, and one of if not THE nicest P5's around here, but I'm not trying to advertise it as "showroom new" or anything. It's got some dings here and there on the body, but it's still nice and shiny and again, 100% rust free! The summer wheels could use a coat of paint, I had plans to get them blasted and paint them in the spring. It's got 109,xxx on the body, and 14x,xxx on the motor. The motor came from a fellow reputable forum member (Lewis7789) and is revered as a VERY good motor. Never leaked, never smoked, always ran strong! And with the maintenance I performed, should last for quite some time!

I'm trying to see if I can sell this to a fellow Mazda enthusiast. I would MUCH rather see this great car go to someone who can appreciate it for what it is, instead of parting it out and trading it in. I'm asking $6500 for the car with everything mentioned above BUT the winter wheels. I can include them for an extra $300 though, it would just be nice to run them on the 6 wagon I get. A car in this great condition goes for that bone stock, if not more, so I feel that's a reasonable price. I will consider offers for less, but I would have to keep some parts off the car so I can recoup as much money as I could. I began the process to part the car out to get money for my baby (that's why the intake and header are not installed right now) and a few Ohio members have dibs on items, but again, I would much rather sell the car as is to someone who will appreciate it, and we'd like a bigger wagon. I can drive a reasonable distance to meet a potential buyer, and I have a clean, Ohio title in hand and ready to go. Again, any questions...don't hesitate to ask!

Signage pics...

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

Mod shots...

2012-01-04195021.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

2011-10-22104906.jpg

2011-10-22105021.jpg

2011-10-22113127.jpg

2011-10-22113001.jpg

2011-10-22111643.jpg

Red switch - LED's, and the bass knob

2011-09-25102224.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

2011-08-31194938.jpg

2011-05-01111129.jpg

Previous engine shot (again, the intake and header are included with the car)

2011-05-01131025.jpg

Car shots...

DSC_0136-1.jpg

DSC_0137-1.jpg

DSC_0139-1.jpg

DSC_0144-1.jpg

DSC_0143-1.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

2011-08-31211715.jpg

Thanks for looking/reading!

Last edited:
Vouching for a legit seller and car. It is by far, the cleanest P5 I've ever seen. I personally know both the seller and the guy who had the motor before him (Lewis7789), and it's the best running FS I've ever seen, as well.

I think these pics I took show off the condition of the paint a bit better.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

clean car! glws, i may be interested in some aftermarket parts if you decide to part them out

Cool, I'll keep you in mind!

I'm trying to find local buyers for most, if not all of the stuff, for obvious reasons. Not all the local P5'ers are in the market for some of my parts though, so I'm sure they'll hit the forums eventually. Again...should I decide to part out. I'll know more in the coming days...

Well now that just makes me sound like a d-bag... lulz

But regardless, bump for my well taken care of old motor and a super super clean P5 and good seller. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back