2000 LX non-ABS master cyl upgrade

So I've been preparing for a 1.6l to 1.8l brake upgrade for a while now, got new rotors, calipers and pads. So I go to get a master out of a 1.8 non abs and I come to find the damn thing has 4 ports instead of my 3. WTF!? Any write-up I've seen doesn't mention this at all. I've also looked into a 929 master/booster but that's only 2 ports, which I would mind t-ing off of less than blocking off a port of the 1.8 master. What is the proper way of doing the 1.8 swap? Replacing the proportioning valve too which I assume has an extra incoming port? I really don't want to. Any other known upgrades for a 15/16" or 1" master? I'm finding myself back at square one and its pissing me off.

Thanks.

Unless I'm missing something, the only difference between an auto and stick master is the reservoir.

I really would rather not block off a port; to me that feels really ramshackle.

I'd be fine with replacing the proportioning valve too but the 1.8 valve has 1 less port and the master has 1 more. ???! Can someone give me an idea of how 1.8s are plumbed?

There has to be an extra port in the master for the manuals to take fluid to the clutch master cylinder

Very infrequently are the actual hydraulics of the clutch and brakes part of the same system, and the Protege is no exception. A shared reservoir is different.

It doesn't make much sense to design a system where a failure in the clutch hydraulics causes partial or full brake failure.

Back