1993 Mazda 626 V6 Problem

NvMySi

Alright so my brothers car has been acting weird lately the past 2 days, it started to stall everytime it would warm up, unless the foot on the pedal was held then it would stay running, this morning the car was blowing black smoke? so i told my brother to remove the air filter and tube apparently there was oil there? and at the throttle body looked dirty and oily as well. any clue how it got there and if this is whats casuing it to stall? any help would be appreciated on what i can do to fix this problem for him. thanks.

after chaning the pcv valve and the tube for the intake since it was cracked it runs fine but the rpms jump up and down from 1100rpms to 1700rpms and idea what the problem can be?

after chaning the pcv valve and the tube for the intake since it was cracked it runs fine but the rpms jump up and down from 1100rpms to 1700rpms and idea what the problem can be?

Does it jump up and down at idle ? All the time ? Do you get a check engine light ? It could be the tps like asuna said or it could also be the egr or distributor (they are notorious in these cars)

Does it jump up and down at idle ? All the time ? Do you get a check engine light ? It could be the tps like asuna said or it could also be the egr or distributor (they are notorious in these cars)

yes it jumps up and down at idle. but for some reasons sometimes it wont? but when it idles its always idling at 1800rpms? a little high it never was like that always was at 1100rpms, anyways hope you guys can let me know what tihs problem is.

Try dropping the idle, theres a screw on top if the throttle body that controls it. Also check the TPS to see if its going out

.. u can do this.. keep in mind that any adjustment of the screw changes your air and fuel ratio affecting your emissions ;)

O crap ru serious?!? I've adjusted my idle air screw and I never knew this... it may be a n00b question but how does it affect the a/f ratio

Back