1988 B6T sedan Project start Thursday!!!!!

The name says it all, on Thursday May 28 i go pick up my 1988 Mazda 323T GT and the project begins. The car is a real work, the owner bought it for a project but after taking the whole front end apart and doing some work to it decided, man its to much work, so I'm buying it!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesnt have the stock turbo anymore, it has a nissan turbo from an SR20 and apparently the cars putting out round the 200whp mark (nana) but there's quit a bit of work body wise, doing a FMIC right off the bat. Anyone know what car I can get cheap coils from and a full exhaust line??? Keyword CHEAP!!! I need to pass inspection because the car has been off the road for over 1 year and it has a 2.5 inch straight pipe all the way through, no cat, no nothing, you look inside the engine from the back of the car basically, just to give you an idea how straight I mean. As for the coils, its just to last me till I can scrub some money to buy a nice adjustable racing suspension for the car. Oh and what car has the same application for brakes and mags for the '88 GT too. I need new brakes and im popping on some 16's when i have the money, just not sure what the bolt pattern is for the car. I'll be sure to post some pics when I pick up the car and hopefully during the progression of the re-birth of this beautiful machine.

Last edited:
Wheels are 4X114 pattern, and if you need a set of springs, I have a spare set ile let go. Whats wrong with the ones you have? Bottomed out? Anyways, let me know if you want it and we can work out a deal. As for exhuast, you are not likely to find another one like it within 100 miles. you might get lucky, might not. Gt exhuast is different then the rest. GTX is different, all the non turbos will not fit. did your friend make a custom downpipe for the nissan turbo? Or is it all a one peice exhuast? You may be able to peice one tegether using a welder and some random peices.

Well for the exhaust, my friend called a local JDM dealer he knows to ask for the details of passing the inspection, thankfully i dont have an anti-polution inspection in quebec, i can keep the straight pipe all i have to do is add a cat, which i can find for under 100$ easy. As for the springs, the cheapest you can let em go for the better, like i said im tight on cash and i wanna get this car on the road this summer for some fun. As for the downpipe for the turbo im not quite sure how he did it just yet, havent rlly looked through the car completely. I let you guys know exactly what was done dont worry.

Edit: Im putting up pics of what the car looks like tonight, you shall see its quite a project!

Last edited:
so heres sum pics of the car now, as youll see theres quite a bit of visual work to do on it, but mechanically, we have to weld the original intercooling piping, theres a nice hole in it so there a massive boost leak and the car barely wants to move, 4 corner brakes, disc and pads, were not sure about the suspension, the coils might be lowering ones so they might be fine just the person i bought the car off doesn't knoq much, the struts on the car currently are aparently tokio blue's , and my buddy is re-doing the whole engine wiring and vaccum lines complelely, it looks like a 6 year old was let loose in the engine bay and somehow managed to make the car runable.

Sorry but it was getting dark and we had to leave so i couldnt take more pics, ill post more but i don't think there'll be much visible work done to the car anytime soon, money is tight as hell. Oh and the car you see next to it is my P.O.S elantra.... i love the car but its to damn slow....but without it's help none of what happened tonight would've been possible

The bumper was in the midst of being repaird but, yea the guy gave up on the car...so now it looks like some type of animal puked all over it and it dried up and the whole front end is held up with tie wraps because when i went to pick up the car the front end was fully disassembled and we had 30min to put the front end together, change 2 flat tires and get the car started, and we were in the middle of the street. So we stuck 2 15" rims in the front off my elantra which luckly has the same bolt pattern, there was bairly enough clearance but the car made it to my friends garage and the hard work begins.....

Attachments

• 090528_202106.jpg
    090528_202106.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 090528_202112.jpg
    090528_202112.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 090528_202141.jpg
    090528_202141.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 090528_202156.jpg
    090528_202156.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Holy crap! Thats a real project. I thought my white one was bad. Cours mine had a blown turbo, dead engine, fried fuel pump/sending unit, no shocks, rusted and frozen brakes, no tires, and 6 year old \gas in the tank that turned to varnish.....So mine may still be a bigger project, but either way, Hope you have the funds to do it. A buddy of mine locally caled me last night and told me his 88 GT Finally got back into good running shape.....then some kid came and completely whiped it out. Hit and run. So we are now one less GT in this world. :( Im hell bent on getting my two GTs running right/well, and restored and keeping them that way.

You 323GT guys forgot to mention the cars have the world largest trunk. You can fit 2 bodies comfortably in there.

Back