17x9 Need some help please..

hackintheback

:
08 Speed3
So, I just purchased a set of 17x9 +48 with some 245/45's mounted.

I had done a lot of reading and I found that gen1 MS3's were able to clear the above setup with a 5mm spacer up front to clear the spring perch on coilovers(which I have) with some light rolling necessary.

However, when trying to install them today, I was rubbing against the spring perch very badly. I stacked up some spacers I had and even with ~13mm of spacing I was STILL hitting the god damn spring perch..

So I am looking for ideas as to why my situation is so..'special' ?

I am trying to avoid having to run ~18mm of spacing up front and some stupid camber. This is a track oriented setup so I can't have some crazy camber going on..Also, to note the rears fit perfectly fine!

I've already confirmed that the rims are indeed +48

Any tips are appreciated.

TRM C3's eh?

the problem is your tires are a 45 height. Someone else on ms3 is having this issue. I had someone verify last night that 255/40 17 fit on stock suspension with no spacers, and they do. I'm going with trm C3's and a 255/40 tire. What's your current camber up front?

What about your suspension? stock or other?

Specifications: 255/40 Conti DW. 17x9 TRMotorsport C3's, +48. NO spacers needed. Rolled rear fenders. Bolted RIGHT UP!

88-m.jpg

yes. I know. wheelgap. no care ever. I am function>form.

My guess is you're on aftermarket suspension.

he said he is on coilovers, which have less clearance the the stock mcpherson setup.
You will need to find wheels with a lower offset. or get hubcentric spacers that bolt to the stock studs, and provide you with your own studs.

depending on the coilovers, you may need as much as +15mm in spacers. Not worth it.

If I ever upgrade suspension, I'm not going coilovers just so I can keep these wheels. Ain't no fitting a 9" wheel in this wheel well any other way, lol.

I run those TR Motorsport wheels with 255/40 tires. I clear with a 5mm spacer on H&R coilovers. If you're running coilovers such as BC's/Stances or similar to them, you will need at least a 15mm spacer for sure. Then you'll clear the perches of the coilovers by a good 3mm.

Get smaller tires?? I ran 17x9 et48 rpf1s with 235/40 star specs and needed 3mm spacers to clear my BC coils.

Back