12+ volt power source

duren03msp

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
I've searched and searched and cannot seem to find a straight answer to my question.

now, what I have been wondering is, what would be the BEST place to splice in for 12v switched that I would be able to run multiple gauges to without blowing fuses?

I already have a boost gauge installed but once I purchase the additional gauges I want to re-route all the individual wires to the same sources for simplicity and cleanliness. I don't want a rats nest. I won't have it. I plan to have boost, wideband, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, and possibly EGT.

please share your input, diagrams, and pics are much appreciated.

Last edited:
best thing to do is to install a separate relayed fuse block for your accessories. That way they do not put extra load on an existing circuit.

sorry for my small amount of electrical knowledge, what exactly is a relayed fuse block and how does it work? etc.

its very simple, it just power straight from the battery that is switched on by a relay.
you can make one or buy one pre-made. i got one thats made by painless, its 3X 10A fuse block. i use it for my wideband, haltech, and to switch the alternator on.

if you look at my haltech installation guide toward the top i go over basic installation, and proved a part#. i think at the bottom there is a link to the manual and wiring diagram too.

Last edited:
awesome. thanks for the info bud. may have more q's about it but for now I can research on my own about this.

that's true and exactly what I've been thinking. I don't want to be cluttered with gauges but want to keep a good close eye on everything. I may just go with boost, wideband, and oil pressure.

Look into a screen maybe with an OBD2 reader that will display all you want and more

Latest posts

Back