07 MS3 Battery

peter.sellers

:
MS3
My 2007 MS3 battery is dying after almost 6 years. Should last for another month or so. Is that normal? If so, any recommendations of which battery to get?

Thanks,
Pete

My 2007 MS3 battery is dying after almost 6 years. Should last for another month or so. Is that normal? If so, any recommendations of which battery to get?

Thanks,
Pete

Yes its normal.

Then you will say "but I had a car and that battery lasted..."

On my 08 MS3 I replaced the battery at 5 yrs. It was slowing on start-up. I replaced it with an Advanced Auto Gold. I will shot-gun my battery every 4 yrs weather it needs it or not. Some people will tell you to go with an Optima battery...either way replace it before its time.

Here in the Deep South we're lucky to get four years out of a battery. Didn't matter what type if car or battery. Long summers and 100+ degree temps are not kind to car batteries.

Thanks,
Pete

I would say that is FANTASTIC!

I worked in the car parts shops, and 28-42 months is the average.

I love the ODYSSEY BATTERY, it is a DRY CELL, PURE LEAD, better crank amps, better reserve capacity, and 10 year warranty. A notch above even the OPTIMA batteries in my opinion.

I used to get 20-28 months out of the batteries in my Mazda5 until I put the odyssey in 4 years ago. The negatives are 15%heavier, and 2x the price as an average battery.

http://www.odysseybattery.com/batteries.html

Yep my 09 battery is going downhill and I plan to replace it soon.
Shop says the carbon pile test indicated it was getting weak.

2008 MS3, new in 12/07. My OEM battery was also starting get weak on starting with onset of colder weather...just over 12 volts on static testing. Took advantage of Black Friday discounts to get new AutoAdvance Gold 700 CA battery. I have usually gotten about 5-6 years out of my batteries.

About 30 minutes ago I swapped in a Walmart Everstart Maxx.
Taking the core back for my $10 in a few.
Consumers Reports rated this highly in the 35 group size.
It was $99 not including core.

Back