0 to 60 in 5.9 sec. but 0 to 100 in 24.6 wotf!!!

I beg to differ about the Intake difference. I put an AEM CAI on my MS6 and I run less than 1 car length slower than a WRX STI. Without the CAI I was like 3 or 4 cars behind!!!!! Big improvement!!! The stock air intake hole is about 3" and EXTREAMLY RESTRICTIVE. My '04 DS650 (ATV) has a bigger air intake than the stock MS6.

jdub260 said:
I beg to differ about the Intake difference. I put an AEM CAI on my MS6 and I run less than 1 car length slower than a WRX STI. Without the CAI I was like 3 or 4 cars behind!!!!! Big improvement!!! The stock air intake hole is about 3" and EXTREAMLY RESTRICTIVE. My '04 DS650 (ATV) has a bigger air intake than the stock MS6.

Do you have some time slips showing that HUGE gain, or what?

Yes Im sure the Intake makes a difference, not a HUGE one.

Last edited:
I fully intend on having it Dynoed.......I just need to find a shop in WI that has all-wheel drive. I ve seen to many different numbers out there and I want it done right...so to speak. When I find one Ill post the results.

Alot of factors in Every race, and with sub 100mph speeds, 1-3 car lenths is a few tenths, that could be made in reaction times.

3-4 car lenths could be due to you getting a better R/T, OR him getting a worse R/T,the info is in the Slip, but his lane plays no part in how much gains you got from that intake.

Rac3rX said:
Alot of factors in Every race, and with sub 100mph speeds, 1-3 car lenths is a few tenths, that could be made in reaction times.

3-4 car lenths could be due to you getting a better R/T, OR him getting a worse R/T,the info is in the Slip, but his lane plays no part in how much gains you got from that intake.
I agree

When I went to the track there were a ton (3) STIs there and none of them could break 14sec in the 1/4. None of them new how to drive there car!

Id be interested in your dyno results.

All this Power, AWD, 6 spd tranny, did somebody really think the 06 Camry is faster?

Here is a graph from another forum of the optimal shifting points for the MS6, based on gearing and engine RPM. The following chart shows the optimum shift point for maximum acceleration in gears 1, 2, and 3.

The colored dots show the shift point for a gear; and the matching dot, the corresponding RPM for the following gear. Props to Sigma for the math and the original post.

Basically, for maximum acceleration, the 1-2 shift should be at ~6200, the 2-3 shift at about ~5800, and the 3-4 shift at ~5700.

This roughly parallels the anecdotal accounts of shifting at 5700 yielding the best results.

The data is derived using CP-E stock run. Different dynos will yield various results. However since it is known that this dyno is roughly the mean run from a number of runs, it provides the best sample we have. For the most part, curves (which is all that really matters for this exercise) are generally going to remain the same even between dynos.

R

Attachments

• gearing.jpg
    gearing.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 284
Rac3rX said:

FYI We ran up to 130mph. I see your point about the reaction times though. I am looking for an AWD dyno in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. If anyone knows where a reasonably priced one is please let me know. I would like to take it to the drag strip but after reading some other posts on here I'm worried about the clutch and the rear diff. I don't want to launch the car anymore and not launching will just kill the 1/4 mile time.

Rainman said:
Here is a graph from another forum of the optimal shifting points for the MS6, based on gearing and engine RPM. The following chart shows the optimum shift point for maximum acceleration in gears 1, 2, and 3.

The colored dots show the shift point for a gear; and the matching dot, the corresponding RPM for the following gear. Props to Sigma for the math and the original post.

Basically, for maximum acceleration, the 1-2 shift should be at ~6200, the 2-3 shift at about ~5800, and the 3-4 shift at ~5700.

This roughly parallels the anecdotal accounts of shifting at 5700 yielding the best results.

The data is derived using CP-E stock run. Different dynos will yield various results. However since it is known that this dyno is roughly the mean run from a number of runs, it provides the best sample we have. For the most part, curves (which is all that really matters for this exercise) are generally going to remain the same even between dynos.

R

It looks as if the 2-3 shift and 3-4 shifts are done a tad early, this also doesnt take into account the MS6 has a different final drive gear for 5th and 6th gear.

Agreed that 1-2 should be done at 6200rpms, and a slight draw back for the following gears, I think the draw back displayed is a tad too much, and forgets about the 5th and 6th gears different final drive gear.

1 through 4 are at 3.611 where 5 & 6 are at 3.095.

fellowkillla said:
(omg) (omg) (pissed) (shocked) (RTM) ladies and gentlemen it came to my attention that the msp6 is the slowest in the 0 to 100.car and driver suymmary said.what breaks my heart is that volvo xc90 does 24.5 and the camry does a 24.8? don't get me wrong i own the ms6 and love every minute of it.. imo their numbers are wrong.. your input about this slander!!!

That was a typo or that particular car was suffering from powerloss. Autocar did a 0 - 100 - 0 w/ several production cars and the Euro MPS (rated at only 250 hp vs our 274) went from 0 - 100 and back to 0 in 21 seconds.

If you are wondering, the car that won that particular competition was the Bugatti Veyron which did it in 9.9. (shocked)

ferdinand said:
That was a typo or that particular car was suffering from powerloss. Autocar did a 0 - 100 - 0 w/ several production cars and the Euro MPS (rated at only 250 hp vs our 274) went from 0 - 100 and back to 0 in 21 seconds.

If you are wondering, the car that won that particular competition was the Bugatti Veyron which did it in 9.9. (shocked)

Also 0-100-0 is much different then 1-100.

Back