Totaled my protege

Rism

:
2003 WRX
Got t-boned by a van going about 55mph. I dont want to say much more about the accident for insurance reasons. I had 2 friends in the car we were all wearing seat belts and were able to walk away. I was driving and only got a gash above my left eye which required 5 stitches.

The messed up part is the cop who showed up to the scene was a moron. He didnt interview anyone in my car only the people in the van and one witness who got it completely wrong. The cop also issued me a ticket for no insurance even though it was in my glove box. I was never asked for it either, probably because I was taken away in an ambulance right after the crash. Then to top it off he marked me down as a female on the accident report.

Im just glad to be alive, a foot or two further back and I would be in much worse shape.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

middle.jpg

This last picture was taken from the middle of the back seat.

She will live on in memory though. It was a great car that never gave me 1 problem.
new.jpg

<TABLE class=maincontentbg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=256 border=0><TBODY><TR class=right3colbg height=19><TD class=right3col colSpan=3>Performance:
<TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=right3col>-Cold Air Intake
-OBX 4-1 Header w/CEL fix
-2.5" Custom Headerback Exhaust, no cats
-MazdaSpeed Strut bar
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-B&M Trannsmission Cooler
-195/50R16 Kumho Ecsta ASX Tires
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><!-- spacer row --><TR height=1><TD align=middle colSpan=3></TD></TR><!-- end spacer row --><TR class=right3colbg height=19><TD class=right3col colSpan=3>Style: <TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=right3col>-Custom made gauge bezel gauge pod
-Valve cover painted silver
-Interior pieces painted silver
-Custom gauge lighting

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
HOLY s***!!
glad you were able to walk away, how was the other driver?

The other driver was ok even though they weren't wearing a seat belt. The other driver also claimed they were going 35 mph which is a complete lie because judging by what it did to my car and where the van ended up there is no way they were going that slow.

holy s*** man. im glad you made it out of that. im sorry about the loss, and the inept handling of the situation by the cop

Glad to hear that everyone walked away. From the looks of it, had you been going a tiny bit faster, or if the van had been going a tiny bit slower, the point of impact would have been right into your door instead of more up towards the front quarter panel.

Now get those "clerical errors" fixed!! Are you going to file a complaint against the cop?

File a complaint for sure. Fight it all! Accidents are never a good thing, but it is just a car and everyone is ok. That's what really matters. Hope it all works out.

Holy s*** man you are damn lucky you walked away from that. Good to hear you are ok, same for your friends. Sucks to hear that the cop put you through that. I'd fight it because you got 2 people to back you up that went through the experience too. If the guy in the van wasn't wearing a seat belt, and claims he was going 35mph, then somethings up for sure. I'd say he was going atleast 45-50 to do that kinda damage.

Wowsers....glad all you guys were ok. That looks like it could have been really serious!

-Ryan

Falango said:
Holy s*** man you are damn lucky you walked away from that. Good to hear you are ok, same for your friends. Sucks to hear that the cop put you through that. I'd fight it because you got 2 people to back you up that went through the experience too. If the guy in the van wasn't wearing a seat belt, and claims he was going 35mph, then somethings up for sure. I'd say he was going atleast 45-50 to do that kinda damage.

The fact that the van ended up jumping the median going through a fence and uprooting a tree after hitting me is why I believe they were going way faster than 35.

I am happy everyone is alright...but...I hope the statement below is not a trend...

AFaceInTheCrowd said:
wow protege airbags that actually deployed. glad it's all good with you and your buddies.

damn man glad ur ok..that looks really bad. i been through that once already glad the airbags went off for u

i am glad you walked away, basically. It looks like things could have been a lot worse if no belts were worn. A car can be replaced, but people cannot.

I would get a lawyer, and even look into a vehicle accident expert for the case.

Back