What have you done to your CX-5 today?

On Wednesday I dropped her off at the dealer for the 5K service. Had a coupon to get it done for $76. While there they performed the SSP recall.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

I just did the same for mine, and had them put on the winter wheel/tire set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must have been a late model year 2015 recall. It doesn't apply to mine... at least according to the Mazda recall site.

I've got an 05/15 build date and mine's included in the SSP A6. The letter I got says "... certain 2015-2016 CX-5 vehicles built from November 1, 2014 through May 13, 2016." It appears that that the build date isn't the only factor.

I think it's the Special Service Program (SSP) A6 for certain 2015-2016 CX-5 Passenger Frontal Air Bag Concern - Frontal oblique crash test. It's the air bag reprogram update. Technically not a recall, but close enough.
Thanks for explaining in detail.
I just did the same for mine, and had them put on the winter wheel/tire set.

Nice. No winter wheels here. But I was happy to pay a little extra so I didnt have to do it in the driveway.

Thanks for explaining in detail.

Nice. No winter wheels here. But I was happy to pay a little extra so I didnt have to do it in the driveway.

Ha! Me too! They only charged me a little over $40, I was more than happy to have them do it.

That sux Mark. Pls post up and let us know what the fix was. What did you use for your trip?

So the problem ends up being the aftermarket (which is all you can get) remote starter. It took the shop 40 mins to find a shirt that was causing the ecu to turn the lights on after I shut the car off, and after the lights timed out. It killed the battery. I was on the road at no charge with my car and I'm eating dinner at the red lobster in Harrisonburg VA! [emoji16]

Ha! Me too! They only charged me a little over $40, I was more than happy to have them do it.

Mine was a little over $80 with tax. Does yours use synthetic? If so howd you get $40?
So the problem ends up being the aftermarket (which is all you can get) remote starter. It took the shop 40 mins to find a shirt that was causing the ecu to turn the lights on after I shut the car off, and after the lights timed out. It killed the battery. I was on the road at no charge with my car and I'm eating dinner at the red lobster in Harrisonburg VA! [emoji16]

Well at least it was an easy and free fix. Im sure Robin is giving you all kinds of grief..."why cant you just leave them alone". Lol. Although Tam has mentioned that a remote starter would be nice. Did they disable or remove it?

Enjoy your dinner and safe travels!

Mine was a little over $80 with tax. Does yours use synthetic? If so howd you get $40?

Well at least it was an easy and free fix. Im sure Robin is giving you all kinds of grief..."why cant you just leave them alone". Lol. Although Tam has mentioned that a remote starter would be nice. Did they disable or remove it?

Enjoy your dinner and safe travels!

The 5K service was free because I bought it at that dealer. So all I paid for was having them swap the OEM tires/wheels for the winter set. I'm not sure if they used synthetic, I think so.

"Short" stupid auto correct!

I've got an 05/15 build date and mine's included in the SSP A6. The letter I got says "... certain 2015-2016 CX-5 vehicles built from November 1, 2014 through May 13, 2016." It appears that that the build date isn't the only factor.
Our 2016 CX-5 with 1/2015 build date hasn't received the letter for SSP A6.

Rotated tires at my usual 5K interval. I'm at 15K on them and will probably need to change them at 20K. Anyone have tire recommendation? I also changed the cabin and engine air filters as I'm at the 1 year ownership mark.

Rotated tires at my usual 5K interval. I'm at 15K on them and will probably need to change them at 20K. Anyone have tire recommendation? I also changed the cabin and engine air filters as I'm at the 1 year ownership mark.

Why do you need to change tires at 20k? Do you drive on crocodiles

Why do you need to change tires at 20k? Do you drive on crocodiles

I was surprised at the wear too as the roads around me are for the most part decent. Front wheels had noticeably less tread than the rears right before I rotated.

Weird. I'm in VA as well, but got almost 35k out of the stock tech package tires. I had plenty more but picked up part of a screwdriver oh the highway in the sidewall, so went ahead and replaced all 4.

Same happened to my wife's CRV, with Falken tires. The rears, were worn much more than the front ones. I can't explain it either.

So I want to upgrade my headlights, if I have it right the LED's don't play well with the car, so who's done HID, I need recommendations please, thanks!

You could go cheap, or if you have the money, go with Morimoto. They have two kits, the difference is between the bulbs power feeding wire is in the way of the light beam or not. I'm not sure though, which one is best for our cars.
I went the cheap route, and it has been working out well for me. I had them for two and a half years, with the first set of bulbs(one went out). If I remember well, I have spent like $38 for that kit.

You could go cheap, or if you have the money, go with Morimoto. They have two kits, the difference is between the bulbs power feeding wire is in the way of the light beam or not. I'm not sure though, which one is best for our cars.
I went the cheap route, and it has been working out well for me. I had them for two and a half years, with the first set of bulbs(one went out). If I remember well, I have spent like $38 for that kit.

Thanks, what size is our bulb?

The 5K service was free because I bought it at that dealer. So all I paid for was having them swap the OEM tires/wheels for the winter set. I'm not sure if they used synthetic, I think so.

Not a bad deal. My dealer didn't include any free service. :(

"Short" stupid auto correct!

Sure, blame auto correct. ;) :p haha

Back