Tightneing Chassis Bolts???

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
This as loosely been discussed in other threads but there as been no definitive answer. In the service schedule it lists "tighten chassis bolts" but I see nothing that lists what they should be tightened to or where these bolts are all located. I'd like to check mine as some on here have found theirs to be a bit loose. Can anyone provide a torque spec or at the very least a location for the chassis bolts that need to be checked? I'd rather not just get under the car and start tightening every bolt I can find.

This as loosely been discussed in other threads but there as been no definitive answer. In the service schedule it lists "tighten chassis bolts" but I see nothing that lists what they should be tightened to or where these bolts are all located. I'd like to check mine as some on here have found theirs to be a bit loose. Can anyone provide a torque spec or at the very least a location for the chassis bolts that need to be checked? I'd rather not just get under the car and start tightening every bolt I can find.

You'd probably need to get a CX-5 service/shop manual to find this information. Sometimes people would upload copies of it on forums, but I haven't seen one for a CX-5 yet.

You'd probably need to get a CX-5 service/shop manual to find this information. Sometimes people would upload copies of it on forums, but I haven't seen one for a CX-5 yet.

I think Chris has one. I don't have mine handy, though it might be for pre-2016 models.

I've looked through some of the shop manuals and I can't find references to it at all. The 2013-2016.5 should all have the same chassis bolt configuration. If anyone who has the manual can find where they talk about this procedure I'd love to see it

Back