Individual settings for Infotainment system

scoliosis

:
Mazda CX9 Sig
Just picked up the CX9 last night. Looks good and drive nice. Took about 20 minutes to personalize the settings for myself but wife likes a different setting. Is the system capable of storing 2 different setting setup based on which key fob is used to unlock the car? It's real convenient on the BMW as the seats and other settings adapts as we walk to the car after unlocking with the fob.

Just picked up the CX9 last night. Looks good and drive nice. Took about 20 minutes to personalize the settings for myself but wife likes a different setting. Is the system capable of storing 2 different setting setup based on which key fob is used to unlock the car? It's real convenient on the BMW as the seats and other settings adapts as we walk to the car after unlocking with the fob.

The only thing you can tie to the key fob (and the 1, 2 buttons on the seat) is the seat position and the heads-up display position. Not the mirrors nor the infotainment settings. :-(

The only thing you can tie to the key fob (and the 1, 2 buttons on the seat) is the seat position and the heads-up display position. Not the mirrors nor the infotainment settings. :-(

:( Thanks js2! Given the "family car" target market for the vehicle, you'd think they'd extend it to the other functions as well. Oh well.

:( Thanks js2! Given the "family car" target market for the vehicle, you'd think they'd extend it to the other functions as well. Oh well.

In this price range (and maybe even higher) it seems to be about which set of compromises you're willing to accept. I don't buy a vehicle often (my last pair of new cars were 14 and 19 years old), so I considered carefully what type of vehicle I needed/wanted, and then contemplated all the three-row SUV/CUVs. Ultimately I decided what was important to me was that it was fun to drive, got respectable mileage, had curb appeal, and was something we would enjoy on road trips as a family of four. The CX-9 checks all those boxes.

Our other new vehicle is a Chevy Volt and it has its own set of compromises. (Not even power seats in the Volt, but GM infotainment system puts the Mazda one to absolute shame.)

Enjoy your new vehicle. I'm enjoying mine so far.

Back