2018 GT - Entering Nav Destination by Voice

In that case, might want to verify tire pressure and be sure it's not still running 50psi from the docks/transporting.

Good suggestion.
Not every dealer knows about the factory over inflation of the tires during shipping.
When I took a Mazda 6 for test drive last fall (when I was car shopping), the ride was noticeably stiff and harsh, like it had wooden wheels.
I checked in the parking lot afterwards, and didn't see any bulge in the tire where it made contact with the pavement, like you would normally see with radial tires.
It was a new dealership that had just opened, so I asked them about checking the tire pressure. No-one there seemed to be aware of the issue.
I drove a CX-5 and another Mazda 6 at another dealership, and they were both much smoother. The sales-rep there knew about the high tire pressures on their new cars.

As an aside, I haven't driven my new car much yet (crappy winter weather), and didn't experiment with any voice commands until today.
I sat in a parking lot and played around with the phone, as well as the nav, and the voice commands worked perfectly.
I thought it was great.
I don't know how to check the firmware version on the SD card, so I can't help you there.
Bottom line, I love my new car so far.

Yeah, I don't think my dealer did much if anything dealing with the PDI process besides signing the form. My tires were all at 55psi but the biggest clue was during my walk around before signing the papers was a stack of owners manuals in the back seat. This was after being given a CX5 owners manual in the first place. I almost didn't notice them because the black manuals on the black seats blended in a bit. I should have kept quiet about them and let the dealer try and figure out were they went.

:) That did it. Not impressed with the dealer PDI process as a result.

What PDI process! With most dealers Ive dealt with in the past (regardless of brand) you were lucky to be able to even take delivery of what you just paid for!

Had a brand newly shipped Corvette delivered with plastic wrapping torn and still clinging to the seats. Had a brand newly shipped Viper delivered with oil and scuff marks on the drivers seat.

The only delivery Ive ever experienced that was truly professional happened to be a new 3000 GT off the lot. That dealer was a family owned business and they made sure every single customer was satisfied.

They worked with us to purchase by phone and fax. We drove 100 miles to pick it up that day. Supreme customer service. It was sparkling when we arrived and in immaculate condition. Best new vehicle purchase experience by a country mile. No, 10 country miles.

I don't know how to check the firmware version on the SD card, so I can't help you there.

Settings > System > About > Version Information.

That will tell you the OS version, Music Databas Version and Failsafe Version.

You could download the Mazda Toolbox, install it and insert your Navdata SD card. It should dectect it and tell you the Navdata Version. Google Mazda Toolbox or visit MyMazda.com.

Spoke to mazda again today and asked them to tell me what the tsb is... they advised it's an issue with the sd card... cards with the # BHP1-66-EZ1G do not have the latest update. Update the software via mytoolbox from.Mazda... bingo we have voice activated destination input....

This did it! Thanks!

now if someone can figure out an easy way of getting the aio tweaks to work on the 2018s so we can get android auto .. I would be 100% satisfied..

fix! they have a bulletin out on this at your mazda dealer

1) Enter vehicle.
2) Remove nav data SD card.
3) Press start button once. Allow CMU to fully boot. Command control over to Navigation and wait for system to tell you that Navigation is not installed.
4) Rest CMU: Simultaneously press and hold Back Button + Mute Button | Navigation Button. Wait for screen to go blank before releasing all three.
5) Allow system to restart/reboot without the nave data SD card inserted.
6) Press start button twice and wait for CMU to shut down fully.
7) Insert nav data SD card.
8) Start engine. Wait for CMU to fully boot. Command control over to Navigation and confirm that nav data is not being recognized by the system (no more navigation is not installed message).

From here, just start your voice command entry process by pressing the button on your steering wheel and waiting for voice prompt instructions. Use the list of Voice Commands available within the Mazda Connect System given to you by another member of this forum above. Or, just test the system using one of the commands you see on screen. But, you need to wait for the Prompt!

I know to wait for the prompt. Every other voice command seems to work. I can get to navigation, I can make a call, I can enter a specific FM or XM channel, etc. But I can't enter an address. Here's the sequence.

I press the voice prompt button on the steering wheel.
System says, "Please say a command, [BEEP]."

I say any of these -
"Address"
"Navigate to an address"
"Destination"
"Address 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"
"Navigate to 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"
"Destination 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"

To each of these commands, the system replies - "Entering destination by voice is not currently available."

So it is clearly recognizing what I'm trying to do. It knows that I'm saying an address, but it just won't take it.

I've tried starting in the nav window, within sub-menus in nav window, from the home screen, from the audio window, etc. All with the same result.
I have the same problem with the used 2018 CX 9 that I just bought. Very frustrating. I have a 2016 Mazda 3 that has no issues.I’ve been all through the manual, all the menus, I’ve tried all those combinations that you tried with exactly the same results. I’m going to try to call Mazda with their office is open.

Back