What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed new taillights from Japan.
gHJeN2B.jpg

eXH8rzA.jpg

Last edited:
Don't love the way they look when they are off in the photo. Love the way the work in the video. Very nice. [emoji106]

Installed new taillights from Japan. Realized the plug was out on one light. Also wired the brake light to the insides now too.

Sweet!

Edit to add: The only mod I would not make to my car is installing LED backup lights. I'm very careful when walking though parking lots, and walked right behind someone who was backing up because their LED backup lights were lost in the daylight. Those lights need a daytime contrast.

Last edited:
Nice and it matches your white/black themed car, but it wouldn't work with my car. Mine needs to stay red(blue/red).

Had my winter tires taken off. They lasted 2 seasons, the winter layer had worn off 3 of my Blizzak WS80's, so I had them scrap them all. Oddly enough 3 of the tires wore evenly, but 1 rear still had 8/32nd tread left. Since AWD, I just had them scrap em and I'll get a new set for next winter.

Last weekend, did an oil change. Using 5w30 for this one to see how that does.

Had my winter tires taken off. They lasted 2 seasons, the winter layer had worn off 3 of my Blizzak WS80's, so I had them scrap them all. Oddly enough 3 of the tires wore evenly, but 1 rear still had 8/32nd tread left. Since AWD, I just had them scrap em and I'll get a new set for next winter.

Last weekend, did an oil change. Using 5w30 for this one to see how that does.

How many miles did you get out of the Blizzaks?

Someone done something to it . . .
It wasn't me.
3f946503efba91d1b8af4c2ecea718e6.jpg

That sucks horribly.
Any ideas on the what/when/who?

You don't need to answer my question on a public forum if "plausible deniability" suits your long term purposes.

bastards

That sucks...looks like most of it may be paint transfer except for the plastic lower valence. Hopefully most of it can be rubbed off.

It wasn't me.
I have similar damage on my front end corner from a gate hitting it. Body shop that is doing work for me on the hit and run said they could polish it out for $50. Only part that sucks is the plastic cladding at the bottom. :(

I have similar damage on my front end corner from a gate hitting it. Body shop that is doing work for me on the hit and run said they could polish it out for $50. Only part that sucks is the plastic cladding at the bottom. :(

You had a "hit-and-run" with a gate? (scratch)

You had a "hit-and-run" with a gate? (scratch)
No. Hit and run was to my rear drivers side corner from a lady sliding through an intersection on a snowy evening, and then about a month later a gate sensor was malfunctioning at a complex and wacked my front end pretty hard because it started closing as I was driving through it.

It wasn't me.

Had similar damage 2 days ago on the freeway. Debris swiped my car. Removed using claybar and detailer spray wax with microfiber towel. Caution: Don't use claybar if you don;t know how to use it.

Back