What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Thanks for the tutorial! Just installed some phillips white LEDs last night.
Yesterday I replaced a flickering iJDMtoy LED bulb. They were installed as license plate bulbs, and I realized I hadn't documented the install and written up a guide when I first installed them, so I took the opportunity to write something up this time. I go into a bit of detail regarding how to remove the plastic covers, so hopefully those who were having trouble see this. Here's the guide:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-CX-9-License-plate-bulb-installation-upgrade

Thanks for the tutorial! Just installed some phillips white LEDs last night.

Happy to help!

I finally got around to installing my oil catch can. DIY coming within the next couple of days.

Gave it a quick wash. Can't wait to find some nice wheels for it next year.

attachment.php

View attachment 219489

attachment.php

View attachment 219490

Very nice...btw saw your tutorial on the dash cam installation which was helpful. So much so that I installed another dashcam on the rear...placed it on the inside top portion of the rear windshield and ran the wiring through the plastic cover above it then wiring exposed on right side when facing cargo area just directly on top of the 12v outlet. Of course the wiring exposure not that tidy like in the front but nevertheless works for its purpose!

Very nice...btw saw your tutorial on the dash cam installation which was helpful. So much so that I installed another dashcam on the rear...placed it on the inside top portion of the rear windshield and ran the wiring through the plastic cover above it then wiring exposed on right side when facing cargo area just directly on top of the 12v outlet. Of course the wiring exposure not that tidy like in the front but nevertheless works for its purpose!

Thanks, I just updated it with the Invisicord install (I'm now able to use the motion detection feature on my cam). I'll update the guide with your notes on installing a rear cam as well!

What did I do today? I walked into the garage just in time to watch my wife back her CX-5 into my CX-9. Both cars now have damaged quarters and a damaged bumper. Im trying sooo hard to remain calm...

What did I do today? I walked into the garage just in time to watch my wife back her CX-5 into my CX-9. Both cars now have damaged quarters and a damaged bumper. I*m trying sooo hard to remain calm...

tumblr_oocvanoKYK1w4o831o1_540.gif

What did I do today? I walked into the garage just in time to watch my wife back her CX-5 into my CX-9. Both cars now have damaged quarters and a damaged bumper. I*m trying sooo hard to remain calm...

bumpersticker-wife-for-sale-take-over-payment_55ce661d7cadc_746xauto-jpg-keep-ratio.jpeg

What did I do today? I walked into the garage just in time to watch my wife back her CX-5 into my CX-9. Both cars now have damaged quarters and a damaged bumper. Im trying sooo hard to remain calm...

728e28ee0e3ca9dab08510cbf18aae7c.gif

Last edited:
I clayed the car yesterday, then had it polished and waxed later that afternoon. The car looks and feels great! Unfortunately, while polish and wax got rid of the minor scuffs, we discovered two small scratches in the paint that would require something more aggressive. Also, I found a spot on the edge of the chrome grille that took a hit from a rock and caused a small spot.

From a few steps back the car looks brand new, but the signs of ownership are starting to pop up, lol. Still, for 12,000 KMs (at least 3,000 highway KMs), the paint is in pretty good shape. I'm really glad I got the dealer to install PPF, there were quite a few spots in the front bumper film that would have almost definitely resulted in a good sized rock chip.

Well, while not technically a modification to the CX-9, I did slightly pimp out my Yakima roofbox. I just added a faux shark fin antenna, and some cheapo dive-plane bits to give a more aerodynamique look! :D

I can report an 0.0001% increase in aero stability and downforce. ;)

P.S. Yes, those are screw-on exhaust tips on the CX-9. That's new! :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_195436.jpg
    IMG_20180823_195436.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 1,453
  • MVIMG_20180823_195248.jpg
    MVIMG_20180823_195248.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 1,482
  • MVIMG_20180823_195348.jpg
    MVIMG_20180823_195348.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 1,458
Last edited:
I won't say what that reminds me of...(headshake) I should learn to meditate though.

Well, while not technically a modification to the CX-9, I did slightly pimp out my Yakima roofbox. I just added a faux shark fin antenna, and some cheapo dive-plane bits to give a more aerodynamique look! :D
Ha ha, now it looks like a rocket box! (Reminds me, I need to wash mine and figure out a way to hang it in the garage when stored).

I bought some F11 Topcoat. I'm going to clay bar the vehicle and apply the topcoat and see how it turns out. And I need to setup an appointment to have those dings my wife created fixed, on the CX-9 anyway. She's going to have to live with the dings on the CX-5 for a while.

Last edited:

I can report an 0.0001% increase in aero stability and downforce. ;)

Nice box ;)

I took my family (wife and daughter, sister and her fiance, mom and dad) to a festival this weekend, and my sister's fiance (who's only ever driven BMW and Audi) made a few unsolicited comments about the car's "impressive for its size" handling and interior quality. It's always nice to hear other people appreciate the car the same way I do.

Hit a big pothole last Saturday. Now, the dealer is verifying the frontend suspension right side for a humming noise and vibration.

Checked the oil catch can, and tested fitment of my front license plate mount.

attachment.php

DSC03290.JPG

attachment.php

DSC03292.JPG

Checked the oil catch can, and tested fitment of my front license plate mount.
Looks good, what version did you get? It's been almost a year and I still haven't installed my front plate, but if I get ticketed for that I think I'll go in this direction.

Back